Lone star larvae long Island

NYRturkeycall

First day out scouting. Happy with what I was able to find but holy cheese and mice did I bring home a million lone Star tick larvae. Good thing I noticed them while I was hiking around and was able to constantly scrape off with my knife, but they are everywhere and I'm running my third wash on hot to get rid of them in the washing machine. Dryer kills the rest. Anybody else with any experience? They definitely are not chiggers.

Better take a few showers. Happened to us a few years ago everyone got bit up. Dryer will do it. I hunted one year in January gun season. It was in the 30's. At one point I counted 30 ticks on me. No joke. My Brother in law was bit this summer by a tick. He didn't get Lymes but some other disease. Attacked his red blood cells and had to go on some heavy meds. He is still suffering with pain since June. Be careful!

Edited by First-light
  • Like 1

been out in January a few times never got any ticks, but my weather was in the 20s. Yeah I read about the red meat allergy gal type reaction... Some crazy stuff. Glsd it wasn't ticks just larvae but apparently when the ticks lay their eggs they lay them in clusters of thousands which would account for all the little nanoparticle microbugger bastards all over me. This is why I enjoy mid fall! Should be a fun first bow season lol.  Going to stock up on permethrin now.

• Like 1