Potential new world record from Kentucky.

mowin

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Well when about everyone that raise Whitetails pulls 6 figures that shows what the true size and strength of where the industry sits. And the same hunting forum that promotes shooting other stocked hand raised game!  Is that the forum you speak of. Hypocrite Much? 

I think there's a difference between a state-run stocking program of pheasant or trout and a private pay-for-play big game operation.

56 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

I can also tell you that I could take those same people to ranches and give them a pic of a buck and 2 days to kill that buck and they would come out with their balls in their hands. And prob still call it not hunting.   

These bucks ... are they fed? 

Every one of these high fence sites I look at all but guarantees success of whatever size antler you buy. That doesn't sound too challenging. 

27 minutes ago, left field said:

I think there's a difference between a state-run stocking program of pheasant or trout and a private pay-for-play big game operation.

These bucks ... are they fed? 

Every one of these high fence sites I look at all but guarantees success of whatever size antler you buy. That doesn't sound too challenging. 

So you would be up to the challenge?

51 minutes ago, chrisw said:

@Four Season Whitetail's Have you ever taken a buck inside a fence? If so, how big was it? Was it as satisfying as a free range deer? Since you seem to think we are all just jealous we can't hunt in a fence, I'm genuinely curious if you have?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Never hunted high fence. 

50 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Not for nothing but, I'd look down at someone less for shooting waterfowl with lead shot than someone paying to shoot a deer in a fence. I get it, you're somehow mingled up in the business so naturally you'll never admit what type of slob hunters you cater to most often. I don't really care what you do or how much you make doing it, if it's legal then go for it. But don't try to insult all of us by saying we can't kill a buck in a fence or we would jump at the chance, but since we all apparently can't afford it, we don't. I have hunted a high fence and it was a pathetic excuse for hunting. I don't speak for all of them but I know where I stand.

So you would have no problem taking a buck in an enclosure givin 2 days to kill said buck?

9 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Every doe sold goes towards the bottom line just like every buck. Care to show where I was bragging about anything by answering a question asked. Don’t have to reference anything. It’s a fact that most would accept a free ride to any high fence hunt.  

Bragging was a poor choice of words, your right. But you need to decide on where you stand on your argument though is it antlers that they are making money off of or not . Here’s some of your posted reply’s I copy and pasted. 

Who says it has to be antlers 
well you did 

Again when it comes to Whitetail’s it’s all about the antlers and even the ones that can’t afford and complain about it would take a 200 inch whitetail hunt in a Ny minute

you posted - Because 99.9% would and truth be known you would also.

Then said - It’s a fact that most would accept a free ride to any high fencehunt.  
so is it 99.9% or most ? 

It’s funny how you do not like people assuming all high fence hunting operations are the same , but then you assume all hunters would hunt a high fence operation. And just a FYI I have no problem with hunters utilizing a high fence outfit . It’s their money and they can spend it how they want and or hunt how they want . Enjoy you’re hunting season and  I’ll let you have the last word . 

Edited by rob-c

7 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Of feeding them? Probably. Do they come running to the sound of the side-by-side?

You can't have this both ways. Every place I've looked at guaranteed success but now you're saying that, in fact, it could be harder than hunting wild deer on public land. My guess, is that guys aren't paying 10K for a farmed fenced challenge. They are, as you suggested earlier, shooting the deer they paid for then going for a soak in the hot tub.

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

Bragging was a poor choice of words, your right. But you need to decide on where you stand on your argument though is it antlers that they are making money off of or not . Here’s some of your posted reply’s I copy and pasted. 

well you did 

Again when it comes to Whitetail’s it’s all about the antlers and even the ones that can’t afford and complain about it would take a 200 inch whitetail hunt in a Ny minute

Then said - It’s a fact that most would accept a free ride to any high fencehunt.  
so is it 99.9% or most ? 

It’s funny how you do not like people assuming all high fence hunting operations are the same , but then you assume all hunters would hunt a high fence operation. And just a FYI I have no problem with hunters utilizing a high fence outfit . It’s their money and they can spend it how they want and or hunt how they want . Enjoy you’re hunting season and  I’ll let you have the last word . 

My guess would be that 99.9% would be considered most. And your right. You or anyone else should have no problem how or what someone else does with their time or money. The same people that complain about high fence are the same type of people that complain about crossbow in archery season.   

8 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

They should have some industry standerd in place you know i mean rules on how many animals can be in a area thats being hunted  . With out that people just will think anything big shot off one of those places was like in a small area over a bait in a box blind 15 feet off the ground . You go on youtube and thats what you see on those places. .

The ones that do it right  like you say get a bad reputation from the ones that just are running a zoo or farm .  

Edited by phantom

These "Holier Than Thou" AKA as real ethical hunting arguments crack me up, this is the age of instant gratification and easy-peasy, it is legal and is what it is.

75% let off compounds, crossbows, scoped muzzleloaders that can fire spitzer bullets with ballistics the same as cartridges, ATVS, tree stands and blinds with all the comforts of home overlooking fields of cultivated Deer food on private land, preserve hunting of everything.

Who here can can suit up and track down a big buck in the Adirondacks and kill him with a stick bow and cedar  arrows or use a flintlock firing patched balls? As the old saying goes people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, left field said:

Of feeding them? Probably. Do they come running to the sound of the side-by-side?

You can't have this both ways. Every place I've looked at guaranteed success but now you're saying that, in fact, it could be harder than hunting wild deer on public land. My guess, is that guys aren't paying 10K for a farmed fenced challenge. They are, as you suggested earlier, shooting the deer they paid for then going for a soak in the hot tub.

So you seem to be the topics mouthpiece on the subject why don’t you accept the challenge givin? I will give you a free shot at the biggest buck you will ever kill in your lifetime free of charge. You enter the enclosed area for 2 full days of hunting and when you walk out of that enclosed you will be interview by someone about your last two days.                                                         And of course get some great pic’s of the biggest buck you have ever killed in your life. 

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

My guess would be that 99.9% would be considered most. And your right. You or anyone else should have no problem how or what someone else does with their time or money. The same people that complain about high fence are the same type of people that complain about crossbow in archery season.   

I'm sure if  you never went on one of those fence hunts  it would be a good time for anybody to go I don't care what anybody says I never been I one of those fenced hunts  but I'm sure if I went it would be a blast .  Is it  like real hunting that would depend on how big the land was and how many animals they had in it .  

4 minutes ago, airedale said:

These "Holier Than Thou" AKA as real ethical hunting arguments crack me up, this is the age of instant gratification and easy-peasy, it is legal and is what it is.

75% let off compounds, crossbows, scoped muzzleloaders that can fire spitzer bullets with ballistics the same as cartridges, ATVS, tree stands and blinds with all the comforts of home overlooking fields of cultivated Deer food on private land, preserve hunting of everything.

Who here can can suit up and track down a big buck in the Adirondacks and kill him with a stick bow and cedar  arrows or use a flintlock firing patched balls?

Al

My guess the Holier type that complain about other hunters have never even killed a book buck in any area let alone try to tackle any Adk buck. Hence is one of the reason’s they complain about others killing them. It’s the American way these days. 

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

well you did 

so is it 99.9% or most ? 

He's right for free everyone would at least try  fence  hunting at least once anyway. I mean you would have to try it to know if you liked it what it was all about anyway really if you think about it. 

55 minutes ago, airedale said:

Who here can can suit up and track down a big buck in the Adirondacks and kill him with a stick bow and cedar  arrows or use a flintlock firing patched balls? As the old saying goes people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Al

Dont you dare drive your modern vehicle there either , you walk your ass to where you're gonna hunt.

• Like 1

So you would have no problem taking a buck in an enclosure givin 2 days to kill said buck?
I would have no interest. I would not get the same gratification that I would on a wild deer. I don't care if I took 1-7 days to kill said buck, I know he's not going anywhere (fence), out in the real world my target buck could cover 20 miles in a week and I have no idea where he is. If fence hunting were just as hard as free range, people wouldn't be paying extreme money to do it. You're paying huge money because you're going to leave with a large antlered buck. So with all of this defense of high fence hunting, why have you never done it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I would have no interest. I would not get the same gratification that I would on a wild deer. I don't care if I took 1-7 days to kill said buck, I know he's not going anywhere (fence), out in the real world my target buck could cover 20 miles in a week and I have no idea where he is. If fence hunting were just as hard as free range, people wouldn't be paying extreme money to do it. You're paying huge money because you're going to leave with a large antlered buck. So with all of this defense of high fence hunting, why have you never done it?

I work in high fence every day of my life. Don’t need to hunt it also. I kill 2 large antlered bucks every year so the job still gets done.  And I don’t want your gratitude about high fence I want you to admit your failure when you can’t get the job done in a so called pen. Funny I always get the same answer from your type when the rubber hits the road.  Speaks Volumes!!

I work in high fence every day of my life. Don’t need to hunt it also. I kill 2 large antlered bucks every year so the job still gets done.  And I don’t want your gratitude about high fence I want you to admit your failure when you can’t get the job done in a so called pen. Funny I always get the same answer from your type when the rubber hits the road.  Speaks Volumes!!
You're "challenging" people who've already stated that they have no interest then spinning around and saying "I told you so." But on the flip side, if I say that yes I could kill a deer in a fence you'll spin it into "so you would hunt a high fence if given the opportunity." Stop playing games. The mere fact that you are Mr. High Fence man and supposedly (I find it very difficult to believe) you've never hunted in a fence speaks volumes to the challenge of fence hunting. That's like selling Ford vehicles and bragging them up all day but you leave in a Chevy.... Doesn't make sense. I HAVE hunted a high fence once, and it was terrible. So I guess you could say I have more high fence hunting experience than you??

6 minutes ago, chrisw said:

You're "challenging" people who've already stated that they have no interest then spinning around and saying "I told you so." But on the flip side, if I say that yes I could kill a deer in a fence you'll spin it into "so you would hunt a high fence if given the opportunity." Stop playing games. The mere fact that you are Mr. High Fence man and supposedly (I find it very difficult to believe) you've never hunted in a fence speaks volumes to the challenge of fence hunting. That's like selling Ford vehicles and bragging them up all day but you leave in a Chevy.... Doesn't make sense. I HAVE hunted a high fence once, and it was terrible. So I guess you could say I have more high fence hunting experience than you??

I guess you do. So why run the mouthpiece when you have the chance to shove your so called facts right up my ass?  Fact is you 100% know you will get your ass handed to you. Your type are all the same.                      So I guess until you can prove someone wrong about a subject your thoughts really don’t matter. And after 20 plus years of doing this and the industry only growing it shows your thoughts really don’t matter. When you are ready to man up feel free to get back with me. 

I guess you do. So why run the mouthpiece when you have the chance to shove your so called facts right up my ass?  Fact is you 100% know you will get your ass handed to you. Your type are all the same.                      So I guess until you can prove someone wrong about a subject your thoughts really don’t matter. And after 20 plus years of doing this and the industry only growing it shows your thoughts really don’t matter. When you are ready to man up feel free to get back with me. 
If it takes a "man" to hunt in a fence I guess I'll never know that feeling again. I'm going to go fish in an aquarium now...