Jump to content

JAMES BOND- No Time To Die/ OCT 8TH.


blackbeltbill
 Share

Recommended Posts

Been waiting for this for 2 years now. DC is the one of my favorite Bonds, but I’m glad it’s his last one. I hope he has a good film to send him out on a high point.
 

Roger Moore deserved a much better ending that A View to a Kill, but they strung him along too long in my opinion. He was old enough to be Stacey Suttons grandpa in AVTAK. 

Unpopular opinion, but Timothy Dalton is my favorite Bond. I’m a bigger fan of the books than the movies, though I do love the films. Dalton was the closest to Fleming’s Bond in my opinion. I wish he would have gotten more screen time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

 I am looking forward to this movie! Looks Action Packed. 53 year old Daniel Craig is still a great James Bond.

DC would have been 50 or so at the time of filming. He looks good in the trailer, and I’m sure he’ll be great. However, he’s done after this one. It will be interesting to see who’s next in line. I just hope we don’t have to wait too long for another one. It’s been 6 years since SPECTRE was released. I know it was slated for 2020, but I hope it’s not another half decade before we find out about another Bond film. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Splitear said:

DC would have been 50 or so at the time of filming. He looks good in the trailer, and I’m sure he’ll be great. However, he’s done after this one. It will be interesting to see who’s next in line. I just hope we don’t have to wait too long for another one. It’s been 6 years since SPECTRE was released. I know it was slated for 2020, but I hope it’s not another half decade before we find out about another Bond film. 

Too bad it is Craig's  last Bond appearance. Theaters will be crowded  for this one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Too bad it is Craig's  last Bond appearance. Theaters will be crowded  for this one!

Kind of a separate thing, but have you watched “The Kingsman” movies? Not Bond, but in the same vein and very good. There’s supposed to be another one of them out I think in November. 

Edited by Splitear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Daveboone said:

I havent missed a Bond opening at the movies since "The Spy Who Loved Me:"

We will see this one too. I think Craig is great, and will miss him, but it is time for him to step down.

All the Bond actors portrayed him differently. 

For me it is a Toss up between Roger Moore + Sean Connery

Daniel Craig is probably  the most in shape Bond followed by Sean Connery who competed in the Mr. Universe Contest eons back.

   I do miss the Roger Moore " Light Moments" with some comedy.

Sean Connery had good 1 Liners.

 And Daniel Craig has that- " Thousand Yard Stare" of a Serious 00 Agent.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

All the Bond actors portrayed him differently. 

For me it is a Toss up between Roger Moore + Sean Connery

Daniel Craig is probably  the most in shape Bond followed by Sean Connery who competed in the Mr. Universe Contest eons back.

   I do miss the Roger Moore " Light Moments" with some comedy.

Sean Connery had good 1 Liners.

 And Daniel Craig has that- " Thousand Yard Stare" of a Serious 00 Agent.

 

 

Lazenby was no slouch either. I think he did a lot of his own stunts as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mowin said:

Who? Lol.  

He was ok. But definitely at the bottom of the list. 

It was a great book, the film was okay. I thought that Diana Rigg was a great Bond girl. One of the most heart wrenching Bond endings as well. 

Lazenby was a goofball, but he wasn't terrible, but yes, bottom of the list. Hey, what can you expect from an underwear model with no acting experience :)

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Just 1 Bond movie for him though.

He was a product of producers not wanting to pay Connery what he was asking. They wouldn't even show his face in the early promos. After OHMSS flopped, figuratively speaking, Connery got anything and everything he wanted in order to come back. Honestly, outside of From Russia with Love, License to Kill and Casino Royale, I've probably watched OHMSS more than the rest of the films because I just plain enjoy it. 

I honestly would have loved to see George Lazenby in another Bond movie. Supposedly there was a script written for him where Bond went on a revenge tour for the killing of Tracy. That would have been an awesome film. 

Image

Edited by Splitear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I think Tom Hiddleston would be great as the next Bond. 

I wish Michael Fassbender would have gotten a shot, but he's too old now. Tom Hiddleston would be a good one as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they go the Daniel Craig route though and pull someone from out of left field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Splitear said:

I wish Michael Fassbender would have gotten a shot, but he's too old now. Tom Hiddleston would be a good one as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they go the Daniel Craig route though and pull someone from out of left field.

I would like to see Brendan Fraser of " The Mummy" Trilogy in the role of 007 for at least 1 movie. He is 52- but a great Action movie actor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...