Suffolk county archery permit

NYRturkeycall

Hey all. This is my first year of bow hunting (you probably know from previous posts) And I was wondering if it's worth it getting the Suffolk county archery permit. I was specifically looking at Gordon heights and East moriches county Parks. Gordon heights seems bigger at 193 acres but not sure if it's even worth it because non-hunters in the area, dear possibly not being abundant in the area, in any other issues that might appear. Like shooting a deer and having it run out of the park and not being able to retrieve it legally.

I already found some spots I'm going to sit on anyway but I would appreciate anyone's opinion on this  

Hey all. This is my first year of bow hunting (you probably know from previous posts) And I was wondering if it's worth it getting the Suffolk county archery permit. I was specifically looking at Gordon heights and East moriches county Parks. Gordon heights seems bigger at 193 acres but not sure if it's even worth it because non-hunters in the area, dear possibly not being abundant in the area, in any other issues that might appear. Like shooting a deer and having it run out of the park and not being able to retrieve it legally.
I already found some spots I'm going to sit on anyway but I would appreciate anyone's opinion on this  

I never hunted those parks, but isn’t Gordon heights in a high crime area. Anyway that permit also gives you access to Sears bellows and Hubbard county parks unless they change it. I only hunted them one year, but know guys that did well. I haven’t hunted the island in a few years so look into it. Wertheim refuge might be another option for you.
http:// https://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/DeerHuntPkg_2021-2022_final_print.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a horrible area but parking is going to be a pain. Thanks for the link unfortunately permit applications needed to be in on 9/11. Maybe I'll look into it for next year. I do plan on going up to cranberry mountain in Putnam for either early archery late archery or the regular season at least once just to change it up.

I believe it does give you access to Sears bellows and Hubbard.