Shooter for sure. Boy has some years on him.

NYBowhunter

18 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

One of the biggest misconceptions right there. I could make a round steak from that bad boy that would blow your top. 

Agreed, I have shot some old bucks and they all taste great to me. How you handle your venison and prepare it is key. I never had bad tasting  venison irregardless of age.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 4:27 AM, Gobbler Chaser said:

Nice wall mount. Might wanna use the meat for yote bait or sausage at very least

Im with Spaceman on this one . I shot a 235lb 9pt  that was the 2nd largest buck taken with a muzzle loader in New Hampshire that year . The butcher made a comment like yours and said that buck was going to be like cutting up an old leather boot . That was until he actually started processing it and he was amazed how tender it was. The buck was aged as being 7 1/2 years old by the biologist . I know he was right because I found a shed of his 3 years earlier that was a perfect match to my buck only a bit smaller . He was delicious . Tasted way better than the 123lb Doe I shot in Maine the same year . DSCN9365.JPG.80e7ce7fe227ddb3feabee93c1e29c0e.JPG

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 6