British Columbia Mountain Goat Bowhunt

Trial153

Calgary to Atlanta to Albany.

I can say this since you’re there already…the Calgary turbulence is insane sometimes. My dad was on a flight there for a Wolf hunt and they hit it bad and a few people broke arms (they weren’t wearing seatbelts).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can say this since you’re there already…the Calgary turbulence is insane sometimes. My dad was on a flight there for a Wolf hunt and they hit it bad and a few people broke arms (they weren’t wearing seatbelts).

Yea the wind is wicked sometime coming in. Hopefully it’s smooth flight out.
With the late boarder opening I was backed against a wall for flights. Had to take what I could get.
My outfitter was excellent getting me here and loaded into the hotel and back to the airport for a Covid test. Thankfully I have the results in hand and hopefully customs goes smooth enough . Glad that is taking place here so I can get it over with
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Getting though customs was fun. I had to show and tell my hunting story to no less than 4 guys and women! They all loved the pictures and seemed genuinely excited.

Going to be a long travel day but hey…it all down hill

And there are whitetails to kill, soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Getting though customs was fun. I had to show and tell my hunting story to no less than 4 guys and women! They all loved the pictures and seemed genuinely excited.

Going to be a long travel day but hey…it all down hill

When I brought my lynx back from BC through customs, they agents kept saying "Lettuce" and I kept saying "Lynx". I couldn't tell if they were f'ing with me or truly thought I said lettuce. 

• Like 1

And there are whitetails to kill, soon.

Yea I don’t have good tag this year when I struck out in KS. I am never overly enthusiastic about NY but deer are deer. If my wife doesn’t divorce me I might sneak down to western KY the end of oct and hunt my buddies farm.

My cell cams at home been busy but honestly I haven’t seen anything better then about 125 ish. Got a half pic of decent buck but other then seeing 5 on one side I can’t tell what else he has going one.
I am pulling cards this weekend from the rest of my spots so hopefully there is something exciting.
  • Like 2

Finally made it home , all the luggage intact …have to cut up a wrap a goat today a probably make a trip to the taxidermist.

I am seriously thinking about a move to BC in the near future. The place is unreal, every time I go though it I can see myself living there. I don’t think there is place that can compare with the OTC tags a resident can get, never mind the draws for residents. Alaska comes close …but not really.
I have my wife looking at real estate and maybe a trip out to just look at different areas to buy.

• Like 4

Finally made it home , all the luggage intact …have to cut up a wrap a goat today a probably make a trip to the taxidermist.

I am seriously thinking about a move to BC in the near future. The place is unreal, every time I go though it I can see myself living there. I don’t think there is place that can compare with the OTC tags a resident can get, never mind the draws for residents. Alaska comes close …but not really.
I have my wife looking at real estate and maybe a trip out to just look at different areas to buy.

Living the dream!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Trial , hows the goat meat , and what would you compare it to for taste ? 

It’s very mild, doesn’t have a distinct flavor, the fat is very palatable. It’s excellent. Steaks will be chewy as should be expected considering the animal and where it lives. Nothing like domestic goat or even lamb.
It’s excellent.
  • Like 3