My 2021 fall predator rig

Had the Impulse barrel spiral fluted and am patiently waiting for the Thermion XG50 scope to arrive early this week, then my rig will be set for this fall.

October 1st is fast approaching.

I'm keeping the XP on top till the XG arrives.

I'm also going to try Lapua OT projos and a titanium linear compensator, to see if it'll mitigate muzzle flash and rearward noise.

The brake is Titanium and has QD threads for quick & easy install or removal of the linear compensator.

IMG_1324.thumb.JPG.ea9d1c439dd47d2df656b819e2ff60f6.JPG

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ny hunter said:

Where did you get the barrel done,,,,Looks good...

The fluting was done here.  PBW

Pete is one of the best in the business.

His quality of work and turn around time is second to none.

I dura coated the barrel with three coats of matte black and two coats of matte clear.

Here's a close up view of the barrel.

The fluting only took off around a 1/2 pound of weight, but any weight taken off is appreciated.

IMG_1325.JPG

18 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

Had the Impulse barrel spiral fluted and am patiently waiting for the Thermion XG50 scope to arrive early this week, then my rig will be set for this fall.

October 1st is fast approaching.

I'm keeping the XP on top till the XG arrives.

I'm also going to try Lapua OT projos and a titanium linear compensator, to see if it'll mitigate muzzle flash and rearward noise.

The brake is Titanium and has QD threads for quick & easy install or removal of the linear compensator.

IMG_1324.thumb.JPG.ea9d1c439dd47d2df656b819e2ff60f6.JPG

Nice rig.  What’s the benefit of the XG over the XP?   Good luck with your season.   

It's a Savage Impulse Predator chambered in .243 win.

I sent the barrel to Pete, since it's easily removable.

Contact him and he'll let you know what to do.

I bought an N vision halo after they first came out years ago.

BAE sensor/core 640 resolution image is awesome and it's made in the US,  but it couldn't record and I got an offer I couldn't refuse.

Plus, I didn't like how you had to manually NUC it and despise 123 batteries, which it ate like Pez candy.

Been using Pulsars ever since and when the XG came out, I wanted one, but I had the XP and was content.

I was eyeing the new Halo X35 scope, as it uses 18650 batteries and records, but was told that their not going to be available for awhile, because of part shortages.

But that BAE bug just wouldn't relent.

Since I like and am used to using a Thermion and I also have plenty of APS batteries, I decided to look into the XG.

I got a real good deal on this one, otherwise I wouldn't of bought it.

I know the XG's image isn't going to be as nice as the Halo's, but it's right there.

I've been told (by a fellow that also has the XP's and an XG) that it's a lot nicer than the XP's image and that's saying something, as my XP's image is very nice.

The XG has a little more base mag and less of a FOV compared to my XP, so I might not like the XG and that's why I'm not selling the XP yet.

Sometimes I get shots at closer ranges and I'm concerned that those shots might not be feasible with the XG.

As you know, what you see in the scope is a lot better than the compressed image recorded.

Tomorrow I will find out.

Good luck to you also.

Edited by Shoots100