Fall Foliage Reports

grampy

I have noticed in the last week or so, the leaves really starting to change in the hilltowns of Albany County. Usually about the third week in October for peak foliage color here.

It all varies greatly here in NY. What are you seeing in your area??? Pictures would be cool too, as we go along!

Fall is the most beautiful time to be outside in NY. My favorite season.

• Like 5

In the past week and a half I have been to Essex, Warren, Saratoga, Green, Schenectady, and Albany counties. A week ago Essex and Warren were just barely starting to change. Saratoga on Sunday was still green. Schenectady still green. Green still green. Here at home in Albany over the past couple days a slight change, leaves are dropping but turning on the ground. Thatcher was still pretty green this morning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grampy said:

I have noticed in the last week or so, the leaves really starting to change in the hilltowns of Albany County. Usually about the third week in October for peak foliage color here.

It all varies greatly here in NY. What are you seeing in your area??? Pictures would be cool too, as we go along!

Fall is the most beautiful time to be outside in NY. My favorite season.

Very early signs in the Adirondacks 2 weeks ago. 

38499FDA-FF49-4342-B7BF-FF79D15DB117.jpeg

• Like 1

Spent last week in the Adirondacks at a place on Hoel Pond, just off of Upper Saranac Lake. We watched the amount of color increasingly rapidly. From maybe five percent at the beginning of the week to about twenty five percent by the end of the week. Even more over in the High Peaks region. 
Here in Livingston county only a little bit of color and a lot of Black Walnut leaves dropping.