Fall Foliage Reports

grampy

Southern Albany County is showing some solid changes the past few days. Cold snap that moved in is doing it's job. I'll be back up in NW Saratoga County on Sunday and I'm sure the rads and oranges will be more pronounces then here at home. In a few weeks I'll be back up in Hamilton County, if it's like the past two years most of the leaves will have changed and dropped by that time.

• 2 weeks later...

There was still quite a bit of green on Saturday in 9M. 

That afternoon we took a trip to the Kinzua Bridge State Park and caught the foliage just slightly past prime... ł would highly recommend a trip there next year to anyone who enjoys the fall foliage!

West:

Screenshot_20211012-172132_Gallery.thumb.jpg.64ff13c2fd1fbc3799621143f1a7d9e8.jpg

North:

Screenshot_20211012-172137_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6eaa7b198b92d91688ad0b1d2e305ca2.jpg

East:

Screenshot_20211012-172150_Gallery.thumb.jpg.1783d7a45b08e8bdea65860cc5738d71.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

South and west of Old Forge slightly past prime. North and east prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything for North and West? I'll be up there hunting all next week and I'm sort of hoping a large share of the leaves are down, but I'm guessing it will be like the past two years and the leaves will be hitting the ground keeping my head on a swivel even while doing any still hunting.

11 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Anything for North and West? I'll be up there hunting all next week and I'm sort of hoping a large share of the leaves are down, but I'm guessing it will be like the past two years and the leaves will be hitting the ground keeping my head on a swivel even while doing any still hunting.

Did not head up that direction but I bet you will have a lot of leaves falling with the rain and cooler temps coming.

• Thanks 1

Wow. I took that picture after getting the CVA dialed in, it was raining pretty good but there was some nice colors starting to come through. Maybe due to the valley not much color going on? Driving up to Indian Lake in 2019 and 2020 the trees along the Northway weren't coloring the same as once we got on the back roads and started gaining altitude.

Thank you for the reply.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nomad said:

Poor year for colors . This is Letchworth a few days ago, mostly green . We head to,Old Forge tomorrow,I’ll let you guys know when I get there . 

E3E23712-D5D6-417B-9483-FE9410046B03.jpeg

26CA761C-B084-42C8-868D-222BB0D91B3F.jpeg

EDAFDCA2-6EE3-497F-BFBF-756EDCA4950A.jpeg

My late mother walked across the old train crossing at Letchworth, many, many moons ago.

• Like 1

A trip to Ellicotville this past weekend showed foliage near to past peak, depending on the elevation. Hiking up around Rock Creek State Forest on a breezy Saturday morning and the leaves were coming down like rain (it was raining also). Driving home, I noticed the color change from fall to green coming up out of Pike towards Castile. Livingston county is just starting to change.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, biggamefish said:

Not much color around me everything is pretty green. 

DJI_0001.JPG

Great drone picture Matt! That's facing west. To the east of there only a few miles away, it's almost prime color, maybe even a little past! lots of leaves down in the woods, covering the ground.

Hope to be somewhere in this picture very soon!!!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 2:32 PM, Merlot said:

My late mother walked across the old train crossing at Letchworth, many, many moons ago.

I have done it about 15-20 times. People used to walk their dogs across it. That blew my mind. I'm pretty sure it was "illegal or not allowed" but people did it alot back in the day.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Great drone picture Matt! That's facing west. To the east of there only a few miles away, it's almost prime color, maybe even a little past! lots of leaves down in the woods, covering the ground.

Hope to be somewhere in this picture very soon!!!

Drone pic, that's my tree stand. If I get high enough there deer can't see me!!!  Lol

• Haha 1