My goose hunting video!

Chrispy92

Better to shoot incoming geese, then let them land and try to shoot them in the backside as they try to fly away.  I think a lot of geese were crippled here.  

I'm afraid this video will not enhance the image of goose hunters among the general populace.  Heck, can't even let my grandchildren watch it, unless I turn the sound off and want to explain the poor shooting choices that were made.

I doubt you would consider taking the video down from Youtube, but I would like you to.

• Like 2

As a regular goose hunter here are my thoughts. The author states that he edited some footage but he definitely should have edited out the profanities from the video. Foul language hunters display a negative image of hunters and is not something we want to pass on to our new young hunters. Secondly cripples do happen to the best shooters. It is ideal to have a dog to send after cripples but if you do not have a dog you should slowly and safely walk towards a cripple until you are in range to dispatch it. The video shows a hunter running with a loaded gun towards a cripple which is an unsafe practice. A safe hunt is a good hunt any day.        valoroutdoors.com 

Edited by CharlieNY
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hey Everyone! I just uploaded a new video to my YouTube channel! If ya'll enjoy watching whitetails in the rut then you need to watch this! One of the coolest encounters that I've ever been able to video! All filmed off the back of my horse. Note: this is not on a deer farm. These are all wild free ranging whitetails! I'd love it if ya'll would give me some follows on my hunting pages! You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram  and YouTube at Cross Over the River Outdoors! I hope Ya'll enjoy the video! God Bless! 
    • By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hello Everyone! My name is Louis Backlas. I'm 27 years old  from Wyoming county  NY and I'm an avid bow hunter and outdoors man. I make hunting videos and have a YouTube Channel called Cross Over the River Outdoors. Feel free to go onto my channel and subscribe to it! Click on the current video link to watch a bow hunt with team member Konnor McCowing as he takes is best buck to date! Most of my videos that'll you'll see on my channel are bow hunts done off of horse back! All fair chaise NO high fence hunts! You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook @ Cross Over the River Outdoors! I'm just an every day hunter with a love for sharing my hunts! Hope ya'll enjoy the video!  

• By Dylan
      Does anyone know of any waterfowl leases for 2018/19 season in dutchess or Columbia county ny? Or have any property they would be willing to allow two responsible hunters to hunt on? Not really looking for deer property might think of a deer/waterfowl lease depending on the property. Also interested in property for turkeys this spring. 
    • By Padre86
      I'm looking for feedback on which pistol cartridges are ideal for dispatching black bear and deer.
      I need a good sidearm to carry along for tracking and dispatching wounded game.  I will always rely on a rifle or shotgun if I believe the animal's wounds are marginal.  But for those situations where the animal's wounds are fatal but it life still lingers, I would like a reliable, widely available and effective pistol cartridge for dispatching it.

The cartridges I am considering for this application:
      .357 magnum 10mm auto .44 magnum .41 magnum .454 casull I would prefer a revolver for its simplicity and reliability for shooting big cartridges.  As well, I really don't see the need for anything more than 6-8 shot capacity for this use.  That said, I would consider a semi-auto if the case for 10mm's usefulness can be made.  
      With regards to the magnum cartridges and bears: I've seen a lot of people preach that "bigger is better."  And while I acknowledge that something like a .44 magnum or .454 casull are well-regarded for killing big game, I would prefer a cartridge that is adequate for handling black bear rather than one that is overkill, if that makes sense.  I have given .357 magnum much consideration for this reason.
      I would like to hear feedback from those that have experience with these cartridges, or perhaps others that I haven't considered.  
    • By DSMoss
      Hello All,

We are looking to interview two hunters for and episode of the podcast The Adventures of Memento Mori that explores the topic of death. The tone and purpose of the show is to normalize the conversation, to address the fear, to recognize that it happens to us all,  to share stories and hopefully become a tad more enlightened while having a bit of fun along the way. 

In this episode we explore the relationship (or lack there of) between eating meat and recognizing that an animal was killed to get it. Also interviewed in this episode is a hipster taxidermist, a farm to table chef, an ethical slaughter organization and hopefully:

1) a hunter who hunts exclusively for the purpose of food. 
      2) a hunter who hunts primarily for sport.  

This can be a heated conversation, but one worth having. And one worth hearing all sides. We have no set agenda and gladly welcome all opinions.

About me: 
      I was born in Idaho. My family is made up of hunters and I grew up with it. My Dad was actually a butcher and although he didn't really hunt deer he would always be dragged along to dress the animal in field. I fish but don't hunt. I spent five years in the USMC. I don't believe in hunting for sport. I would, however, only eat meat from an animal that I took. 

If you're up for good conversation and would like to be a guest on the show we'd love to hear from you. We are looking to record in the next week and it would be even icing on the cake if I could accompany you on a hunt. 

Interested? Please send an email to DS Moss at [email protected]. Write "Hunter" in the subject line and include a couple sentences about yourself and if you are either 1) a hunter who hunts exclusively for the purpose of food.  or 2) a hunter who hunts primarily for sport.

Best,
      DS