Hunting the Alcove

GreeneHunter

On 9/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, Overtkill said:

Its 4S,4H, and 4B. Siver Creek East and West is 4S. HB area is 4S. Indian Fields is broke into 3 groups. South of 32 is 4S. Across the road is 4H and the section to the east of that on 32 is 4B.

Did they assign either of you an area to hunt in for your DMAP?  If so what did you get?

On 9/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, Overtkill said:

Its 4S,4H, and 4B. Siver Creek East and West is 4S. HB area is 4S. Indian Fields is broke into 3 groups. South of 32 is 4S. Across the road is 4H and the section to the east of that on 32 is 4B.

Did they assign either of you an area to hunt in for your DMAP?  If so what did you get?

28 minutes ago, silent death said:

Not many people hunting there seen 1 or 2 cars over the weekend there

I haven't hunted there yet , I'm not really a bow hunter ( I have a Compound Bow but my son uses it I don't ) I'm waiting for Crossbow to open and then gun ! I did some scouting and setup a quick ground blind from the local brush and now its just a waiting game for me ! My hopes for the Alcove hunting is filling the DMAP with a nice Doe and then maybe filling my 4B DMP with another Doe - hopefully ! For me opening day of Crossbow and Gun is on my property in Greene County (4H) and then the Alcove !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/22/2021 at 7:11 PM, GreeneHunter said:

Here's the results of the Informational Mtg. .... They provide a DMAP for the Alcove area which must be used for a Doe only and a Tag for your windshield allowing you to park and hunt there , where there is a Kiosk at the parking areas you need to sign in and out . Where there is no Kiosk you need to call the Reservoir Guard and let him know you are there . They want to know whom is there at any given time . Wearing bright orange is a must and cannot be just a hat ! After you have filled your DMAP Tag you can continue to hunt the Alcove property using your own Tags but the DMAP Tag must be filled first ! They follow all the Regular Seasons and Crossbow's are allowed !

Sorry.....I mis-read the post. Crossbows ARE ALLOWED.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...