35 Remington pump, froze up

Nomad

So my friend and i shot yesterday and his old 35 REM. Pump locked up in the rear position. He brought it to a shop the guy said 50/50 he could fix it , needs to take it apart to know for sure, and he can’t get to it till Saturday. Just wondering if any of you guys had a similar experience at some point .

Thanks 

49 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

If it’s empty drive the two trigger group pins out and drop the assembly out.  

They’re pretty simple as far as I remember.   

If it’s like my 760, taking the trigger group is easy, and just as you described. Maybe once he gets into it he can see what the issue is. Could be something major, but could be as simple as a dirty trigger group and some crud not allowing for a piece to disengage. Spray the trigger group with parts cleaner and clean it well. 

7 minutes ago, Splitear said:

If it’s like my 760, taking the trigger group is easy, and just as you described. Maybe once he gets into it he can see what the issue is. Could be something major, but could be as simple as a dirty trigger group and some crud not allowing for a piece to disengage. Spray the trigger group with parts cleaner and clean it well. 

Like an 870........there isn't much inside those things.  Simple and functional.

• Like 1

From the truth is stranger then fiction dept. the gunsmith found a live round behind the action !!!

Don’t know how, but Joe said he had the magazine out and was loading one at a time, which would mean you kinda have to tip it sideways I guess to,load it , somehow a round got in some open space and up inside . 

The thing is I’d figure he’d have to wonder where it went before trying to, load another ?

Anyways it’s out ,the gun is deep cleaned and ready to rock , but he wants to shoot again soon to be sure things are still on . I Recommend using the mag .

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...