Last Year Hunting The Pine Bush Property

grampy

19 hours ago, mowin said:

Grampy, if you really think it's your last yr, I'd be in there every chance you get during the pre rut on. 

who knows maybe someone that wants to keep it wild will purchase it and ask the previous owner who he allowed on the property. 

The property is only ten minutes from my home. Closer than going up the hill to my own properties. So very soon, I want to go in there and make a couple more brush blinds, for differing wind directions. I have three in there now, spread out over the 40 or so acres. Along with a couple ladderstands that are not mine, but have permission to use. Had two cams stolen last year by local trespassers. So may take in a cheap cam, and hide it better? I found where the bulk of the people sneaking in are coming from. I used it to my advantage last year to get close to a great buck. But the best set up, is VERY close to a thick, nasty, bedding area, bordering a slight ridge. And I don't want to blow it out until I'm sure the bucks will be up and moving. So......I won't actually hunt there until at least late October, during the pre rut, when the bucks start searching for doe.

That's my plan anyways. I think patience, caution, and paying close attention to detail is the best way to hunt this place. It's heavily pressured!!! No doubt that I could go in there and kill "A" buck most any time, there are lots of them in there. Had six racked bucks go by me the morning I messed up last year. But I'm hunting for perhaps one of the best 'The Bush' has to offer? Time will tell if I'm up to the task? Probably not? But this isn't my first rodeo either. Just getting the chance to hunt a true Monarch of 'The Bush' is an honor to me. Honestly........if I can just lay eyes on him,  one more time within shooting distance, I'll consider it a draw, and be happy with that. It's not 'entirely' about the kill anymore with me at this point. But if the shot is there, I'm taking it!

With so many other developments popping up in this area, pretty sure a developer with deep pockets will be the one to snatch it up. Unfortunately.

But I'm still grateful for the time I have had. Already made some cool memories.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

You can't go now till the 2nd week lol

Had a dream chef  grampy then biz 1 2 3 week

1st or 2nd week of November may be perfect? Nov. 11th is when I met up with him last year.

7 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Oh and you got him sneaking around the back side of a swamp or pond . Lolif that helps you

There is a low lying swampy area on the property, so who knows???