Questioning The Ethics Of High Fence Hunting.

blackbeltbill

I thought this was a great video. Many Positives + some  Negatives. 

Now myself,I usually just go on the Rifle opener on Public Dirt and have not seen 1 Buck yet during Legal Time. 

Just that 1 Buck that was 20 feet away at 1 hour before Sunrise as,I sat below a Conifer. With a Neck like Kurt Angle or 22"s. I could barely  make out the big Rack with the East just starting to brighten.  I wish on that day,I was an outlaw - lol. 

Now related to this Video and TG for them are Pheasant Farms. I absolutely  love to Hunt Pheasants  and,I know where those Pheasants are coming from when,I amble around on Public Dirt behind ABBEY.

• Haha 2

Just now, blackbeltbill said:

I thought this was a great video. Many Positives + some  Negatives. 

Now myself,I usually just go on the Rifle opener on Public Dirt and have not seen 1 Buck yet during Legal Time. 

Just that 1 Buck that was 20 feet away at 1 hour before Sunrise as,I sat below a Conifer. With a Neck like Kurt Angle or 22"s. I could barely  make out the big Rack with the East just starting to brighten.  I wish on that day,I was an outlaw - lol. 

Now related to this Video and TG for them are Pheasant Farms. I absolutely  love to Hunt Pheasants  and,I know where those Pheasants are coming from when,I amble around on Public Dirt behind ABBEY.

You know exactly that man hand fed those birds as you pulled the trigger. Correct?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

You know exactly that man hand fed those birds as you pulled the trigger. Correct?

Stay out of the Pheasant Fields.  Clearly not for you.

Come see the mile wide smiles on 14 year olds  with their 1st ever Pheasants ;)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Stay out of the Pheasant Fields.  Clearly not for you.

Come see the mile wide smiles on 14 year olds  with their 1st ever Pheasants ;)

Bullshit excuses. You think one bird/animal is different then another when it comes to man made?  Bullshit. I can show you a bigger smile on a kid with a 140 inch buck.  And I will fill you in on a little secret. These idiots that say antlers and inches don’t matter in the whitetail hunting world and also have issues with high fence would not be saying a peep if one could only kill does behind fence. Then it would be AOK because then it’s just for meat                       F-ing Hypocrite’s. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Bullshit excuses. You think one bird/animal is different then another when it comes to man made?  Bullshit. I can show you a bigger smile on a kid with a 140 inch buck.  And I will fill you in on a little secret. These idiots that say antlers and inches don’t matter in the whitetail hunting world and also have issues with high fence would not be saying a peep if one could only kill does behind fence. Then it would be AOK because then it’s just for meat                       F-ing Hypocrite’s. 

Dude- don't  have a Heart Attack! Your Swearing is not impressing me at all.

Your point above makes no sense. 

Many New Youth Hunters are hunting because of Pheasant Releases. Period- end of story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Many New Youth Hunters are hunting because of Pheasant Releases. Period- end of story.

Dude. Your killing a man hand fed tame bird. Your talk high fence and then say it’s alright to kill a hand fed bird. Hypocrite to the max. Period end of story. . I see them standing on the side of my road every day now that they released over 100 on my property over the weekend. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Shall I go over and pick it up for you?????

CE255F98-BA5A-4CC6-8A07-C5C58D7DCFBB.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The hunt of released birds has been going on forever, since the English days and still practiced across the pond as well.

I am first and foremost a meat hunter.

We can call it encouraging youths to take up hunting but if cost was not prohibitive I would have taken all my kids for a deer hunt in a preserve also. I guess my ethics/morals are not up to like some others here.

Would i go for deer hunt on a preserve every yr if I had the money, most probably not but would definitely go to encourage my 12yr old to enjoy the outdoors.

Meat is meat in the end ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Dude. Your killing a man hand fed tame bird. Your talk high fence and then say it’s alright to kill a hand fed bird. Hypocrite to the max. Period end of story. . I see them standing on the side of my road every day now that they released over 100 on my property over the weekend. 

As,I already wrote- Stay out of the Pheasant Fields.

But your Acid Tongue will not ruin Pheasant Hunts for New York Youth Hunters as well as Adults.

You seem to take issue with the DEC Pheasant Release Program.

That's just too Bad..

I will keep my replys as Civil as,I can. 

Type in whatever whatever words you want that should not be allowed.

It's  not like you would ever attempt  that in Person.:nono:

• Haha 2

I like going to the pheasant preserve to watch the dogs work. I dont have the time or desire to train a good dog. As for high fence, Ive done it several times for a hogs, its fun. Not really a challenge but my friend thats hunted them in Texas said its a lot easier there lol

• Like 3

Ladies and Gentlemen......Boys & Girls......Children of all of ages.......HNY is proud to announce the Maiiiiiiiiiiiiin Event!

In the blue corner.......wearing a BLACK BELT, armed with a slate call.....He's got a back weaker than Joe Biden's legs....BILLY!

In the red corner........donning his Mullet, armed with deer gizz......He's got a 6-figure income......MICHAEL!

• Like 4
  • Haha 18

29 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

As,I already wrote- Stay out of the Pheasant Fields.

But your Acid Tongue will not ruin Pheasant Hunts for New York Youth Hunters as well as Adults.

You seem to take issue with the DEC Pheasant Release Program.

That's just too Bad..

I will keep my replys as Civil as,I can. 

Type in whatever whatever words you want that should not be allowed.

It's  not like you would ever attempt  that in Person.:nono:

If you don’t think I would call a hypocrite a hypocrite to his face you are sadly mistaken.  This post coming from probably the least hunter on this site and putting a post up about a subject he is totally uneducated about shows his intelligence. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ladies and Gentlemen......Boys & Girls......Children of all of ages.......HNY is proud to announce the Maiiiiiiiiiiiiin Event!

In the blue corner.......wearing a BLACK BELT, armed with a slate call.....He's got a back weaker than Joe Biden's legs....BILLY!

In the red corner........donning his Mullet, armed with deer gizz......He's got a 6-figure income......MICHAEL!

Will this be a high fence cage match??

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Love it- LOL!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

If you don’t think I would call a hypocrite a hypocrite to his face you are sadly mistaken.  This post coming from probably the least hunter on this site and putting a post up about a subject he is totally uneducated about shows his intelligence. 

After a Lifetime of reading probably  over 2,000 Books at a normal speed to retain everything.  Many more Thousands of magazines. The Bible many times over as well,Books like the Illaid- read 3 or more times and a Lifetime of Handwriting  every Day- my intelligence  Level is probably  beyond yours...

As far as the least Hunter on the Site- how many Turkey Hunters on any Site can claim  ALL of their Kills on Crowded Gun Club Lands or Public Lands. 

If that Turkey Hunter has well over 100 Kills like my 122- most probably  a Bunch of their Turkeys will have been taken on Private Ground.

Took all my Knowledge + Skill to achieve  what I did. And you will never achieve  my Skills...

And Dude- we will never meet in person as you already know. 

You are just a Coward on the Keyboard with a Ton of Money and the worst Temper on this Site.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

After a Lifetime of reading probably  over 2,000 Books at a normal speed to retain everything.  Many more Thousands of magazines. The Bible many times over as well,Books like the Illaid- read 3 or more times and a Lifetime of Handwriting  every Day- my intelligence  Level is probably  beyond yours...

As far as the least Hunter on the Site- how many Turkey Hunters on any Site can claim  ALL of their Kills on Crowded Gun Club Lands or Public Lands. 

If that Turkey Hunter has well over 100 Kills like my 122- most probably  a Bunch of their Turkeys will have been taken on Private Ground.

Took all my Knowledge + Skill to achieve  what I did. And you will never achieve  my Skills...

You are just a Coward on the Keyboard with a Ton of Money and the worst Temper on this Site.

And the pre cage match trash-talking commences!!

3480901ff0d96283304e4322bb763a45_crop_exact.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got some high fence skunk hunting opportunities at my house if anyone is interested PM me for rates and accommodations.  

I actually booked a hog hunt in SC a couple of years ago and ended up cancelling it. Lost a couple of bucks for that but I just realized I wouldn't even enjoy that.  It wasn't even a high fence hunt.  

Same reason I have no interest in a chartered fishing trip or a guided hunt. I want to be able to do it myself and figure it out.  I cancelled cause I knew I wouldn't enjoy it just having someone tell me to "sit here" and something will come out and shoot it. I did nothing other than pull the trigger and be present to me isn't hunting. The same as being on a charter and handed a pole to reel in.  Just not my thing. 

Now if I am sitting on my own land or public and doing that, but I put in all the sweat and scouting it's what I am there for.  

I'm ok with going to a friend's place and just sitting there without the work part but its more spending the time with friends doing something we enjoy. And I would still hesitate to shoot anything but a doe as I didn't feel I earned it. 

I could care less if others hunt in a high fence. Same as I don't care if a guys hobby is knitting or hunting. High fence has zero appeal to me. But I would pat a guy on the back a little harder if he took a forky in the dacks than a 200" in a fence. 

• Like 4

Sorry Bill. I'm with FS on this one. Shooting a farm raised bird is no different than a caned deer hunt on 50 acres. 

Yes, getting kids involved in hunting is important. They get a pass from me for shooting a tame bird. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Huh.  So you mastered reading and shooting a few turkeys. Yup. You have now been handed the intelligence and the successful hunter award all in one post. Congrats on that.  Now if you just get some intelligence on some of the posts you put up before spewing off a bunch of crap you will be accomplishing something. 

• Like 1

What happened  here is that " fs" did not fully reflect after reading my 1st reply post on my own Thread.

I write in my first sentence- " Many Positives + Some Negatives. 

Obviously, I am Half in favor of High Fence . And the correlation  would be Pheasant Farms and DEC Pheasant Releases on Public.

So ol  Grouch then lost his Cool like usual.  

Looks like a 5 pager and,I will only quote the 1 Man. 

13 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Huh.  So you mastered reading and shooting a few turkeys. Yup. You have now been handed the intelligence and the successful hunter award all in one post. Congrats on that.  Now if you just get some intelligence on some of the posts you put up before spewing off a bunch of crap you will be accomplishing something. 

Don't  read my content. Just Scroll right on past .

• Haha 1