Questioning The Ethics Of High Fence Hunting.

blackbeltbill

Another thread where Bill makes a veiled threat to another member ( knowing they will never meet ) then says the other guys got a temper. Can someone explain to me how that works? If I'm dumb enough to jump off a bridge, land on someone and bust my leg, is it they guy I landed on fault?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Another thread where Bill makes a veiled threat to another member ( knowing they will never meet ) then says the other guys got a temper. Can someone explain to me how that works? If I'm dumb enough to jump off a bridge, land on someone and bust my leg, is it they guy I landed on fault?

He reads another thread somewhere and then puts a post up on the subject that he…by the way is totally clueless about..just to stir a pot and then gets all Kung Flue on ya when ya call the stupidity out.                       And then plays the hypocrite thinking that it’s ok to shoot a pen raised bird but not a pen raised deer. Amazing!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

He reads another thread somewhere and then puts a post up on the subject that he…by the way is totally clueless about..just to stir a pot and then gets all Kung Flue on ya when ya call the stupidity out.                       And then plays the hypocrite thinking that it’s ok to shoot a pen raised bird but not a pen raised deer. Amazing!!

Spot on, been happening for years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've got some high fence skunk hunting opportunities at my house if anyone is interested PM me for rates and accommodations.  
I actually booked a hog hunt in SC a couple of years ago and ended up cancelling it. Lost a couple of bucks for that but I just realized I wouldn't even enjoy that.  It wasn't even a high fence hunt.  
Same reason I have no interest in a chartered fishing trip or a guided hunt. I want to be able to do it myself and figure it out.  I cancelled cause I knew I wouldn't enjoy it just having someone tell me to "sit here" and something will come out and shoot it. I did nothing other than pull the trigger and be present to me isn't hunting. The same as being on a charter and handed a pole to reel in.  Just not my thing. 
Now if I am sitting on my own land or public and doing that, but I put in all the sweat and scouting it's what I am there for.  
I'm ok with going to a friend's place and just sitting there without the work part but its more spending the time with friends doing something we enjoy. And I would still hesitate to shoot anything but a doe as I didn't feel I earned it. 
I could care less if others hunt in a high fence. Same as I don't care if a guys hobby is knitting or hunting. High fence has zero appeal to me. But I would pat a guy on the back a little harder if he took a forky in the dacks than a 200" in a fence. 

How big of a skunk are we talking Rob? I've been looking for a big old double striper for years, something to really impress people in my office. Do any of the meals I see you cook up come included with lodging?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Been against put and shoot stocking for phesants for years huge waste of $$ those hunters are better off going to a pheasant preserve and paying 20 bucks a bird.. 

As for high fence hunting I've done it for hogs and it isn't for me ,but I will say the whitetails stayed as far as possible from us as possible.   If your not trying to enter the harvest in the record books and can afford it great!!!  I  look down much further on the hunter that won't pay or put effort into their target  game species  but expect the tax payer to stock and supply their game for them... 

• Like 2

Been against put and shoot stocking for phesants for years huge waste of $$ those hunters are better off going to a pheasant preserve and paying 20 bucks a bird.. 
As for high fence hunting I've done it for hogs and it isn't for me ,but I will say the whitetails stayed as far as possible from us as possible.   If your not trying to enter the harvest in the record books and can afford it great!!!  I  look down much further on the hunter that won't pay or put effort into their target  game species  but expect the tax payer to stock and supply their game for them... 

If they insist on protecting the raptors that wipe out the pheasants than I insist they stock more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

How big of a skunk are we talking Rob? I've been looking for a big old double striper for years, something to really impress people in my office. Do any of the meals I see you cook up come included with lodging?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

We could def work something out.  I even have a rare all white backed skunk in the area.  For you I'm thinking a cast and blast. We walleye fish then BBQ then the full skunk hunt experience.   Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If they insist on protecting the raptors that wipe out the pheasants than I insist they stock more

The cost per bird is crazy, if they would close season and work on habitat and then release and if they take then have a season.. imo if your shooting or fishing for stocked  game then it's no different than hunting high fence, you just don't want to pay the cost yourself and prefer other to pay it for you..  

The ethics of place and shoot are the same ,those that pay for a high fence at least don't put the burden on others.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G-Man said:

The cost per bird is crazy, if they would close season and work on habitat and then release and if they take then have a season.. imo if your shooting or fishing for stocked  game then it's no different than hunting high fence, you just don't want to pay the cost yourself and prefer other to pay it for you..  

The ethics of place and shoot are the same ,those that pay for a high fence at least don't put the burden on others.....

Bingo. But it does matter when it comes to deer. A few like to say different but I can guarantee that if high fence did not allow bucks to be takin it would pass along as an ok way to raise and secure meat. Every single article you see wrote up always says. Deer harvested for their antlers.                       And some still like to have the fairy tale feeling that antlers and inches don’t push the Whitetail world. Bull !!

I take it you feel the same way about stocked trout

58 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I take it you feel the same way about stocked trout

Yep stock away and get fishery established before you have a season..  I see lake trout are finally reproducing in lake Erie now..  

Trapped and transfered turkey before they opened a season was closed for years.... imagine stock and shoot turkey....

Edited by G-Man

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Yep stock away and get fishery established before you have a season..  I see lake trout are finally reproducing in lake Erie now..  

Trapped and transfered turkey before they opened a season was closed for years.... imagine stock and shoot turkey....

They have trapped many turkeys here on the farm and taken them all across the state. This put and drop pheasant is just feeding the vermin and a waste. Until ny gets its head out of its asses and open the vermin season all year you will continue to have no small game. Between loss of habitat and the vermin they don’t stand a chance. And like it or not most of the birds the drop get ate by the locals before any hunter will lay eyes on them. A Waste. 

• Like 2

I enjoyed the video, and it was a fair discussion of high fence hunts. It made me not quite as opposed to them as I was. Or maybe I should say that I am a little more tolerant of those that hunt such places.

I still have feelings against canned hunts where the area is not large enough for the animal to exercise its escape options. But I do feel that there are places that are probably large enough to allow fair chase principles to be applied.

It is interesting how we all set limits on how a hunt should be conducted. There are feelings that the challenge of the hunt is tied to the difficulty and the odds. A lot of the appreciation of hunting success is tied to how much handicap that was given to the animal to even the odds a bit.

But I guess what maybe we all need to understand is that we don't all need the same level of challenge to feel that we have done something worthwhile with our hunting success. We also would do well to remember that our challenges are not the same as everyone else. I have a bit of a problem in that regard and often find myself involved in discussions involving ethics. What I am trying to learn is that my ethics are not necessarily anyone else's ethics, and there is no requirement that I must convert everyone to my ethics. It has been a lifelong battle, but as I get older I think I am making some progress.....Ha-ha-ha.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Doc said:

I enjoyed the video, and it was a fair discussion of high fence hunts. It made me not quite as opposed to them as I was. Or maybe I should say that I am a little more tolerant of those that hunt such places.

I still have feelings against canned hunts where the area is not large enough for the animal to exercise its escape options. But I do feel that there are places that are probably large enough to allow fair chase principles to be applied.

It is interesting how we all set limits on how a hunt should be conducted. There are feelings that the challenge of the hunt is tied to the difficulty and the odds. A lot of the appreciation of hunting success is tied to how much handicap that was given to the animal to even the odds a bit.

But I guess what maybe we all need to understand is that we don't all need the same level of challenge to feel that we have done something worthwhile with our hunting success. We also would do well to remember that our challenges are not the same as everyone else. I have a bit of a problem in that regard and often find myself involved in discussions involving ethics. What I am trying to learn is that my ethics are not necessarily anyone else's ethics, and there is no requirement that I must convert everyone to my ethics. It has been a lifelong battle, but as I get older I think I am making some progress.....Ha-ha-ha.

The Best response  yet! I had moved on from this Thread- but Doc Nailed it!

Our Challenges are not the same. With Pheasant Hunting- it is all about watching the Dog work-- Priceless. The Totally satisfied Pheasant  Hunters,I see and Talk to Afield- both Adults and Youths with Mile Wide Smiles says it all.

Where Do You Love To Be?

Now obviously - Public Land Turkey Hunting is a special  Challenge  in itself. And not everyone  is successful.  Many go Years between Gobblers.

Now there are members on Old Gobbler Forum that have taken many Hundreds of Gobblers at Southren  Lodges with vast acreage and actively visited Food Plots and Tower Blinds. Just Shoot Straight and you have your Limit of 2 Gobblers in 2 Days.

I have no problem  with that. Just tell your peers that the $700 you spent was well worth it.

Where Do You Love to Be?

Or if you want a True challenge- you can go with me and Turkey Hunt the Swamps,Wetlands,Hardwoods and just keep going.  

It won't  be easy and most times,I come out with nothing. Like getting a Blackbelt- 4 1/2 years of Hardwork,Sweat, and yeah- Blood. Nearly 5 years to get my 1st Tom. The challenge  was indeed there.

Where Do I Love To Be in the Spring,Fall,+ Winter?-- Afield.

Now as,I said,I am half in favor of High Fence. 

Just let your Peers know exactly  where you took that Deer or Gobbler.

Now tonight is MMA Live. There won't  be 15 apiece Quote war tonight. Now forget any cage match above- lol! I am up for a 1 Hour Hike to the Top of Skunnymonk Mt. Though. If you are over 50 though- you may not make it to the Top to strike a Pose with me at " Lookout Rock". See my Profile pic- lol. - But,I digress.

Where Do You Love To Be? 

I will Fix it for ya below. October  is almost here- be glad!

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 5:11 PM, blackbeltbill said:

The Best response  yet! I had moved on from this Thread- but Doc Nailed it!

Our Challenges are not the same. With Pheasant Hunting- it is all about watching the Dog work-- Priceless. The Totally satisfied Pheasant  Hunters,I see and Talk to Afield- both Adults and Youths with Mile Wide Smiles says it all.

Where Do You Love To Be?

Now obviously - Public Land Turkey Hunting is a special  Challenge  in itself. And not everyone  is successful.  Many go Years between Gobblers.

Now there are members on Old Gobbler Forum that have taken many Hundreds of Gobblers at Southren  Lodges with vast acreage and actively visited Food Plots and Tower Blinds. Just Shoot Straight and you have your Limit of 2 Gobblers in 2 Days.

I have no problem  with that. Just tell your peers that the $700 you spent was well worth it.

Where Do You Love to Be?

Or if you want a True challenge- you can go with me and Turkey Hunt the Swamps,Wetlands,Hardwoods and just keep going.  

It won't  be easy and most times,I come out with nothing. Like getting a Blackbelt- 4 1/2 years of Hardwork,Sweat, and yeah- Blood. Nearly 5 years to get my 1st Tom. The challenge  was indeed there.

Where Do I Love To Be in the Spring,Fall,+ Winter?-- Afield.

Now as,I said,I am half in favor of High Fence. 

Just let your Peers know exactly  where you took that Deer or Gobbler.

Now tonight is MMA Live. There won't  be 15 apiece Quote war tonight. Now forget any cage match above- lol! I am up for a 1 Hour Hike to the Top of Skunnymonk Mt. Though. If you are over 50 though- you may not make it to the Top to strike a Pose with me at " Lookout Rock". See my Profile pic- lol. - But,I digress.

Where Do You Love To Be? 

I will Fix it for ya below. October  is almost here- be glad!

On 9/25/2021 at 5:12 PM, blackbeltbill said:

WTH does any of this have to with deer hunting high fences? You derailed your own thread. :rofl:

The older I get the less I care how people hunt as long as it's legal and ethical. So if Willy Wonka want's to pay the money to hunt penned in deer who am I to tell him not too? If Bruce Wayne wants to hunt full fair chase then so be it. I don't agree with high fence hunting, but there's a market for it and it sure seems pretty lucrative.

• Like 7

On 9/24/2021 at 11:12 AM, blackbeltbill said:

After a Lifetime of reading probably  over 2,000 Books at a normal speed to retain everything.  Many more Thousands of magazines. The Bible many times over as well,Books like the Illaid- read 3 or more times and a Lifetime of Handwriting  every Day- my intelligence  Level is probably  beyond yours...

As far as the least Hunter on the Site- how many Turkey Hunters on any Site can claim  ALL of their Kills on Crowded Gun Club Lands or Public Lands. 

If that Turkey Hunter has well over 100 Kills like my 122- most probably  a Bunch of their Turkeys will have been taken on Private Ground.

Took all my Knowledge + Skill to achieve  what I did. And you will never achieve  my Skills...

And Dude- we will never meet in person as you already know. 

You are just a Coward on the Keyboard with a Ton of Money and the worst Temper on this Site.

Hahaha. Easy there cobra Kai. Your guy who picks fights and talks crap but cry’s victim like a snowflake that you are. You’re a grade A clown.  Your pheasants are home grown pets. Had plenty of them come up to me while walking through fields thinking I was bringing them their daily food. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bodhi_308 said:

Hahaha. Easy there cobra Kai. Your guy who picks fights and talks shit but cry’s victim like a snowflake that you are. You’re a grade A clown.  Your pheasants are home grown pets. Had plenty of them come up to me while walking through fields thinking I was bringing them their daily food. 

90% of your content count are Negative  Posts on me.

I have no problem  with it as long as members know what is going on.

So you, your hunting partner-Rowdy10 and,I have crossed paths on the same 3,000 Acre area with a good 15 Fields at Stewart during Spring Turkey season. 

You really need to get over it. 

That is your Primary Spot as well as Rowdy10s.

I have many areas- but will continue  to hunt this area. 

As far as Pheasants  go- they are released  in "your" Bow Deer Hunting Fields at Stewart.

You 2 Guys cannot control that Awesome 3,000+ Acres for just yourselves....

Keep checking my Profile twice a week as you do and viewing my content. And the vicious  posts keep coming.

No problem- continue  on. To me- you are just a complete  idiot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

90% of your content count are Negative  Posts on me.

I have no problem  with it as long as members know what is going on.

So you, your hunting partner-Rowdy10 and,I have crossed paths on the same 3,000 Acre area with a good 15 Fields at Stewart during Spring Turkey season. 

You really need to get over it. 

That is your Primary Spot as well as Rowdy10s.

I have many areas- but will continue  to hunt this area. 

As far as Pheasants  go- they are released  in "your" Bow Deer Hunting Fields at Stewart.

You 2 Guys cannot control that Awesome 3,000+ Acres for just yourselves....

Keep checking my Profile twice a week as you do and viewing my content. And the vicious  posts keep coming.

No problem- continue  on. To me- you are just a complete  idiot.

Haha. Again. Spewing your nonsense that is far from correct. I can guarantee that you have never seen me nor have I seen you. I could give two craps where you hunt. You’re the one bitching about who parks where and who hunts where. Many of your threads and posts prove this. You’re just to dumb to realize that I don’t give a shit and try to make you aware that you are the one that can’t get over it. I didn’t even hunt Stewart last year. Hunted other states. But sure. You know me so well. I don’t even hunt fields like you. But you’re the master of all things hunting. It’s sad to see how delusional you are. You’re worse than sleepy joe. Impeach blackbeltbill 

• Like 1