Color Light

Overtkill

Thats good info from all. I am used to hunting areas where there is lights in the distance so you can see to get in. This year I am in a new a spot where there is no lights around and always dark so I think I will try red in spots where I need light to help get in safely.

• Like 1

I use a green light with just a little light pointed at the ground in front of me. Or none at all if enough moonlight. I know my permanent stand routes with my eyes close but prefer to have the light as it seems every day a few new sticks fall and I prefer not to step on them all and blow out any close by deer.

I have been watching seasons of THP on Amazon and it amazes me how much light those guys shine all over going in the dark! They go in pretty blind and are beaming up trees and all over looking for the right setup and they seem to see all kinds of deer.

• Like 1

Plain old clear/white. I had an old military crookneck flashlight with a red lens but, it was lost somewhere in Thacher Park a couple years ago. My multi color head lamp was given away to someone who needed it the same year.

I prefer white so other people that might be in the woods before me know I'm a person and not a red eyed big foot.

i rarely walk in when its completely dark.  Too many times not being able to see whats there, i bump deer and they run off blowing and blow the whole damn area out.  I like to go in just light enough that i can see outlines of a deer and then can sneak in quiet without a light.  If deer are near the stand i was going to hunt I can plan to work in a different way.  

I thought I had great vision, how are there so many people walking around the woods in complete black?? I call BS, either that or our definition of "dark" is alot different. Why would you risk tripping or getting a stick in the eye? Even in the winter when I can clearly see with the moon reflection I always have a light in, for safety reasons. I always use a light, usually white on my headlamp. Does it scare deer? No more than walking by them does, which you're going to do anyways? I walk past deer often with a light on, as long as you keep pace and don't head right toward them they usually just watch. If deer were so repelled by light they wouldn't be getting ran over by cars so much.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I use a green light with just a little light pointed at the ground in front of me. Or none at all if enough moonlight. I know my permanent stand routes with my eyes close but prefer to have the light as it seems every day a few new sticks fall and I prefer not to step on them all and blow out any close by deer.
I have been watching seasons of THP on Amazon and it amazes me how much light those guys shine all over going in the dark! They go in pretty blind and are beaming up trees and all over looking for the right setup and they seem to see all kinds of deer.
Exactly right, deer aren't shy of light. If you spook deer it's not because of the light. Ever been spotlighting before? You can blast them with 1 million lumens and they don't run, it's the car stopping that spooks them. I often look around an area for 15 minutes if it's new to me with my light blasting anywhere my head looks and kill more than most.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk