Ok what am I doing wrong

cynthiafu

Remember the " follow the arrow" rule when adjusting sights. If you're hitting high, move the pin up...

It easy to think.. I'm hitting high, so I'll lower my pin, but that's only going to make you shoot higher. 

If that was just about anything than JD, I'd join ya, lol.

• Like 2

Start out close, and move the whole pin set. It's not uncommon for the sight to get knocked around, especially getting bumped down. There should be a screw that will adjust the whole frame up or down, and you'll need to take yours up. Start at 10 yards and work back from there. 

Not right  now obviously, no drinking and shooting :)

• Like 2

Ok I don't know what I did but now that I start to adjust the sights I can't hit the target for   beans way over the top . . Got tired after 5 hours of going into the woods looking for my arrows.  
Have you had any experienced archers watch you and give you pointers? Perhaps meet up with some of the folks on this forum for practice and observation. The main things are form and consistency. Start close to the target and with light poundage and focus on form and consistency. Only after the arrows are gouping consistently should you mess with the sight. If you were closer I'd offer to watch you practice and see if I could help.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cdbing said:

Have you had any experienced archers watch you and give you pointers? Perhaps meet up with some of the folks on this forum for practice and observation. The main things are form and consistency. Start close to the target and with light poundage and focus on form and consistency. Only after the arrows are gouping consistently should you mess with the sight. If you were closer I'd offer to watch you practice and see if I could help.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

No my brother in law  was the only bow hunter I knew and he is no longer with us  .

Some times  you have a bad day  and chasing the pins is a bad thing . Could be form .. anchor point ...follow through.  Unless you were shooting normal groups and it suddenly changes mid session odds are it is you . Put the bow down come back to it another day .  Move closer and concentrate on the mechanics and consistency.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

Did you move to WNY with those work hours?
Good luck! Post some pics of the sight and what you have been doing to adjust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go in at 3 am  . Out by 9am . Don't want to be in the store with all the sick people hacking on me 

• Like 1

I am relatively new to archery as well and watching Nock On (John Dudley) was very helpful as a newbie with no in person instruction. He has many videos on Youtube for the beginning archer. I especially liked his weekly segments where he covered a specific area each week ie. stance, grip, draw, sight, etc. 

On 9/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, Nytracker said:

Some times  you have a bad day  and chasing the pins is a bad thing . Could be form .. anchor point ...follow through.  Unless you were shooting normal groups and it suddenly changes mid session odds are it is you . Put the bow down come back to it another day .  Move closer and concentrate on the mechanics and consistency.  

Solid advise here... Ive been shooting A LOT and I can tell if it is me or the bow at this point.  If I feel its my form or if I am not certain its my form that makes a bad shot, I move nothing, especially after I shot the bow well the day before.  Some days I shoot better than other days but knowing when to move something is important.