Gus the wonder dog !

Nomad

The vet comes to the house Monday ,then Gus moves on . Here’s a few pics, a deer he recovered for me , a rock wall with a mouse in it that he spent an hour moving rocks with his snout to get it . When I was outside he’d stand on his hind legs and stare out the door till I let him out too , when I’d come home in camo he’d loose his sh!t and come running smelling the truck for deer .

He has many issues , I’ve slept on the couch for two years , so I could let him out 2-3 times each night .

It’s time , this week end he gets the last tenderloin ,man he loves venison ! 

35A37D66-5BCE-4D1E-841F-779971400EA2.jpeg

3A43B427-A680-461A-9019-AAA3D52BA8A9.jpeg

E2C00664-1EFE-4F7C-8EF5-A34403ADC1F4.jpeg

CE2C77D8-ADE5-4E79-AE39-EBEC39B77F3C.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

I have owned beagles since I was a little boy and have 3 beagles right now. They are terrific loving dogs. Gus will be waiting for you in heaven and you will see him again. In the meantime cherish the memories of him. I have had to do this many times before and it is never easy.   valoroutdoors.com 

71rC5TZpaFL._AC_SL1125_.jpg

• Like 3

Out of likes….

Last night as our kids and us exchanged pictures and videos , it became totally clear that it’s the right call . He was a running machine an absolute nut , and comparing him to those the differences are stark .

I almost feel like putting a sign up out front half the neighborhood would always stop to see him , and since he’s not out much anymore some stop and ask , “ hey is Gus ok ? “ they never ask about me though ……

• Like 1