EHD...

NonTypical

Yes it does. I know there’s some more but didn’t see them but had clients smell them while on stand the other day. I can only imagine what’s dead out there, these were stumbled upon while doing pheasant trips on our preserve. Here’s just a few found
BD3F3CFB-CF6E-41FC-9B3E-9EDE32430FA8.thumb.jpeg.cb3b8b25886fe256fc9d30b0cf3143c6.jpeg
E8AB112A-2077-42C7-85AC-C86992015237.jpeg.1559a109520aaab31ca7666a00541d04.jpeg
4FA61DC2-D26D-4119-8EBE-36BF20B2BEEA.thumb.jpeg.1896267ced40a8231dfde86a9d7c6a50.jpeg
DF234698-3D87-48AC-A025-24A735FEC87A.thumb.jpeg.6ff5434e399f260705e886a4ad46d074.jpeg
Where are you dragging them? That's freaking unreal.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Climate is getting warmer. It has changed greatly already in my short lifetime. Look at ticks for example, moose and caribou populations Ect …
I think what we are seeing is shifting baseline.
As wet as it’s been this year EHD should have been a non issue, lakes river and stream where full, no mud below the water lines, no drought to speak off…yet we have EHD.

EHD is endemic in the southern states where there are annual outbreaks, so some southern deer have developed immunity. In the northeast, EHD outbreaks occur sporadically and deer in New York have no immunity to this virus. Consequently, most EHD-infected deer in New York are expected to die.Aug 4, 2021

Some hope?

2 hours ago, land 1 said:

just read an article basically it says EHD way worse the CWD basically because EHD can wipe out large numbers very quick were CWD many deer live up to 5yrs without showing symptoms or dying, and by 5yrs most deer have died of other causes in most areas,,,,

Exactly CWD is just something agency use to push their agenda and white coats use to get more Government funding.  More deer died in Ny state alone this year from EHD then CWD ever thought of. CWD is rarely ever found until after a healthy deer is harvested. 

16 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Won’t stop morons in NY from filling every last tag they have.
I swear we have hunters that would shoot the last deer in the forest if they had tag for it.

Truth. I bowhunt 4j, we all know what that is. Hi density area. I’ve had this opportunity since 2019. I shot a doe with my daughter and would again but, my sightings have been way down this year which is why I asked initially. 
If it remains scarce, I will definitely err on the side of caution. Unfortunately I can’t smell Bc of allergies so there’s that. 

• Like 1

Won’t stop morons in NY from filling every last tag they have.
I swear we have hunters that would shoot the last deer in the forest if they had tag for it.

Morons for filling legal tags?
I OBJECT! He’s BADGERING LEGAL HUNTER, your honor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1