September Rubs

grampy

48 minutes ago, silent death said:

No rubs yet but I've Seen a couple scrapes already bein hit same spots as previous years nothing big on Cams yet which is normal till the end of oct

I'm sure we got some scrapes in the places where they always show up first. Just didn't get to that part of the property. 

Probably saw at least 10 rubs scattered around though. All in areas we probably won't hunt until late Oct early Nov.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rachunter said:

It looks like everything is going to be on time this year.Last week of October to thanksgiving should be perfect.Just my opinion,but the last few years have been off more late then early.

Last year the end of october up here bucks wer chasing doe everywhere that's when I got my 8 and you could smell his tarsel glands from 10ft away ...seems end of oct to mid Nov is magic time for us in 4h

• Like 2

Seen some last week on smaller trees, more like scrub brush then trees. Haven't seen any scrapes to speak of. Neighbor got permission to hunt some private land not too far from home and has me listed as his guest. Strolled around the area and where he and a lot of the other guys that hunt it are set up I didn't see a lot of sign. I hiked back in a little deeper and into some spots that aren't easy to get into and located a lot more sign including food sources.

I'm honestly not sure how much I'll hunt that place, a lotta guys on not a lot of land. Never got to really look the whole place over so we'll see how it goes.

1 hour ago, silent death said:

Last year the end of october up here bucks wer chasing doe everywhere that's when I got my 8 and you could smell his tarsel glands from 10ft away ...seems end of oct to mid Nov is magic time for us in 4h

Personally i like the seeking phase over the actual chasing.Which usually started around Halloween.I also never hunted with a rifle during a chasing phase and missed a lot of opportunities because the bucks wouldn't stop for a shot with the bow.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Personally i like the seeking phase over the actual chasing.Which usually started around Halloween.I also never hunted with a rifle during a chasing phase and missed a lot of opportunities because the bucks wouldn't stop for a shot with the bow.

I hunt close to the bedding area so they are way more relaxed all it takes is for.a bedded doe to be there and it's one helluva show last year there was a hot doe in the bedding area and I had 7 or 8 differant bucks here everyday looking they had 5 scrapes in a 45yard area I ended up getting a 8 point during bow and a 9 point during gun outta the same place 

Edited by silent death

We moved a cam in Ohio to a cluster of rubs.

To our credit we hung a stand 30 yards to the left of this before we found the rubs and runway. Good but I don’t think we can clear a shot here lol. We may need to move it.

That said there are about 10 rubs in this field of view. First buck that went by.

DCDC10E1-C262-4371-B003-37C8911648E3.jpeg

0DFFCD99-5EB4-4092-9095-C3AAE3182B86.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 3