My Favorite 2020 Deer Season Photo - Post Yours

phade

It's Huntmas Eve here in the southern zone. I have been fortunate to already have been in the stand in Ohio, but the NY bow opener here in the SZ is the traditional kickoff.

My favorite 2020 deer season photo isn't even of me or taken by me. I had a very good 2020 season, taking three bucks total in multiple states and weapons averaging P&Y. That said, the past few years have allowed me to focus on enjoying the time I do get afield and minimal to no stress chasing bucks with my hunting partner and friend.

My hunting partner had a heck of a run in the few seasons prior to 2020, but ultimately ended up with one "good" 2020 buck as he calls it. That was a memorable track and recovery in the PM; the arrow was true and signaled good blood but it didn't give a great blood trail and the buck crossed a 300 yard wide field with barely any green growth after being tilled a few weeks prior. The buck was visibly lost by my hunting partner about halfway across due to a hedgerow that was blocking view. It never went down. Initial inspection of the shot site had the arrow and barely any blood on the ground. We backed out, got dinner, and I texted @grampy as I needed an objective sounding board on the arrow and our approach. He verified our thoughts on approach. We waited until just prior to 10PM, grabbed the lanterns, and took 90 minutes to cross the field following single drops of blood painfully sparse. 

As soon as the buck reached a reed grass marsh, the blood opened up immediately and he was dead in his first bed about 30-40 yards into the cover. We snapped a quick pic to Grampy and began the process many of us are familiar with getting him hung. I think I hit the pillow around 2-2:30 that night. Both our NY buck tags were filled prior to Nov 1, and the next morning we made a decision to head out of state with the time off. It ended up being a great adventure and we both had opportunities with me punching another tag in a new to us state.

But, before leaving to head out of state, one of our friends grabbed his camera and took some in field photos of the buck and my hunting partner the morning after. He has a gift for video/photo. He grabbed this image that I think is just representative of why we do what we do. 

Post up your favorite 2020 photo and let's go make some new ones!

85FD2F13-3FAF-4F5D-87CC-623C9DEE7AF6.jpeg

44DBA0F3-406A-49F4-9123-9447D7136EC1.jpeg

03681315-56D4-4CC7-8E33-1CC3A4C36CA9.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 22

ec1be6e2d8a7d6f05b392b5e091c7914.png

I didn’t shoot a nice buck in 2020, so mine is this.

On November 20th, 2020 I drove 6 hours on my annual trip to WNY to hunt with @sodfather and @The_Real_TCIII and what better way than to start the morning drive off with a call with @Lawdwaz the legend.

PS - I saw an albino girl in Bath, NY at McDonald's on the way up and came home with COVID-19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

probably this one - was just a great photo from one of my stands. Even though i did get 3 deer this was my favorite pic.   

My favorites for the year like Cynthia said are a bunch of other folks pics.  Like Duke and the big buck and three generations with Treeguy,  and Lomax and his grandkids on a blood trail and TC111 with a bucket full of deers, and moog with a big buck and a bloody nose lol etc......lots of em. 

Mosh pit view.jpg

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

ec1be6e2d8a7d6f05b392b5e091c7914.png

I didn’t shoot a nice buck in 2020, so mine is this.

On November 20th, 2020 I drove 6 hours on my annual trip to WNY to hunt with @sodfather and @The_Real_TCIII and what better way than to start the morning drive off with a call with @Lawdwaz the legend.

PS - I saw an albino girl in Bath, NY at McDonald's on the way up and came home with COVID-19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe that's where you picked up the covid you brought to camp?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2020 at 3:12 PM, wolc123 said:

20201121_103936.jpg

This one, only because I have never seen a deer pass so peacefully from this world to the next, and one of my best hunting and fishing buddies made that trip at the exact same moment.

RIP Joe, 11/22/20

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 5