We’re any aware that counties can opt out of the holiday M/Z season ?

rob-c

Like I said in an earlier post on another thread....these clubs better get their ducks in a row and be prepared to lose some sections of trail if counties start opting out and someone who once allowed a club in their land now closes in retaliation for losing the extended season.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Hopefully county legislators use common sense. I would like my county to be open.

Too bad that this is one of the few decisions left up to local governments to decide. It would be nice if more decisions were made at the county level instead of the state level. I believe there would be better decisions made for what is best for my community if it was up to the county instead of Albany. 

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I would be inclined to close my property to a snowmobile trail if the local snowmobile  club lobbied the county to opt out of the Holiday ML season.  I suspect that many others would do similar.

make them aware of that now so they dont!

Fortunately, most of the folks I know who belong to the local snowmobile club (northern Erie) are also hunters, so I suspect they know better and will discuss both sides.  They had a meeting tonight in fact.   I should hear, by tomorrow night, what was discussed about the issue.

6 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

make them aware of that now so they dont!

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

It will be very interesting to see what Erie county does, since I think it has more registered snowmobiles than any other county in the state.

Yeah I feel for you guys in the northern western snow belt regions of the southern zone . 

Edited by rob-c

6 hours ago, rob-c said:

Yep snowmobile clubs are complaining , I had not heard this so It was a bit of a surprise when I read it . I assumed it was a done  deal . 

It WAS a done deal. this opting out only came after the clubs complained. It was never a part of the original deal. 

• Like 1

I’m already pissed that Onondaga County is the only County in the state that did not Opt In to the 12 year old policy.  The Only County!  Makes me think they will Opt out of the extended season too! 
From what I read Erie County hasnt adopted the 12 year old policy yet either....I think there is an open comment period through the beginning of November and then they plan on voting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

From what I read Erie County hasnt adopted the 12 year old policy yet either....I think there is an open comment period through the beginning of November and then they plan on voting.

I’m glad you posted!  Apparently Onondaga County HAS approved the 12 year old rule!  Good news for sure.  And you are correct Erie County now the only County not approved…….