Damn......I'm going to have to call the D.E.C. again

Water Rat

I spoke to their biologist a few days ago regarding a sick looking doe. He asked me if I thought it was EHD and I told him no. He requested that I get in touch with him if I see anymore infected deer.  Other than CWD and rabies , I'm not sure what other diseases deer get. I wish I knew what is infecting the local deer around my house. I hate to see them suffer like this.

287809940_IMG_0045(14).thumb.JPG.f6618587f7a4260c770d74dc6ff7a89c.JPG1865368106_IMG_0047(14).thumb.JPG.434c782201360ae047ea933736caa358.JPG2040867524_IMG_0048(14).thumb.JPG.44097dafd1d4f431ed8efb5b109647cc.JPG1925220870_IMG_0051(13).thumb.JPG.8e80a05bb8097c277bf1b05252363d2d.JPG

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, rachunter said:

That’s brutal to look at. The doe wasn’t as bad but still sucks. You should try and email him those pics and get someone out there ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right.....I emailed him the doe photos. He might stop by my house this week after he looks at these photos.

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

This says the most noticed symptom of CWD is weight loss. https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/what-are-visual-signs-chronic-wasting-disease?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products

But I would think most deer disease would prob have that too?

I was thinking mange but there's no hair loss.CWD looks more like what's going on here.

37 minutes ago, grampy said:

If this is indeed CWD, hunting as we know it now, will never be the same for much of NYS

Hopefully just some sort of intestinal disease from a local water source? 

We have not had a case since 2005 in the wild and behind fence. Hate to say it but that’s not EHD. That gives them fever and dead within days. Is this anywhere close to the Pa border?  They have piles of cases of cwd and hunting moves along.                          Hate to say it but DEC will not Pursue this because they don’t want CWD found in the wild first but Dept Of Ag would be all over it if notified. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

We have not had a case since 2005 in the wild and behind fence. Hate to say it but that’s not EHD. That gives them fever and dead within days. Is this anywhere close to the Pa border?  They have piles of cases of cwd and hunting moves along.                          Hate to say it but DEC will not Pursue this because they don’t want CWD found in the wild first but Dept Of Ag would be all over it if notified. 

Do you have any idea being you handle deer every day? those two deer he posted are both in similar shape.

here's the doe incase you didn't see the pic

WGI_0311.thumb.JPG.252b5204f398fee0c772ac82749f65b9.jpg