Damn......I'm going to have to call the D.E.C. again

Water Rat

5 hours ago, rachunter said:

Do you have any idea being you handle deer every day? those two deer he posted are both in similar shape.

here's the doe incase you didn't see the pic

WGI_0311.thumb.JPG.252b5204f398fee0c772ac82749f65b9.jpg

It sure points to cwd. Can’t believe it’s age but also strange the vermin have not killed them. I would love to see them get tested for cwd. 

• Thanks 1

That looks rough, real rough.

People throw out the CWD very easy IMO. that said it is obviously on the list.

CWD typically takes a long time to manifest though (some documents say deer might have it for years before showing outward signs), so those two would have to be the first two in that area to really be visible affected. I don't know, I'm just trying to think of something that it could be otherwise, CWD is a wrecking ball for deer/management.

3 minutes ago, phade said:

That looks rough, real rough.

People throw out the CWD very easy IMO. that said it is obviously on the list.

CWD typically takes a long time to manifest though (some documents say deer might have it for years before showing outward signs), so those two would have to be the first two in that area to really be visible affected. I don't know, I'm just trying to think of something that it could be otherwise, CWD is a wrecking ball for deer/management.

I can show you pen’s full of positive deer looking perfectly healthy after 3 years and counting. CWD kills very few although many may have it.    CWD is no doubt the Covid of the deer world.