Jump to content

I was afraid that this is going to happen


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lucky118 said:

My taxi puts all the heads out side in a box and the DEC  runs over and grabs them.

Yes they do pick some out of taxi shops for sure. The numbers tell the true facts.           2720 animals tested out of how many animals in ny?  There were like 253,000 hunter harvested alone. Add road kills in the picture and the % of tested drop even more. I’m sure we already have it in this state already seeing that it has been found on the Ny/Pa border. Regardless it’s still a harmless disease in the big picture of the whitetail deer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, crappyice said:


I get that…but why? And I’m not poking at you here (save that for the “reason we hunt” thread!). Truly curious as to why the state cares to eradicate deer farms?
Seems like CWD was handled in Wis like Covid is being handled through the country. Boy do I love when govt makes decisions!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. More high fence equals less tags sold by states. I know your not up to speed on the industry but as hunter numbers drop across most states the high fence industry continues to expand and they know the money involved in high fence and they also see the less and less tags being sold in states.  You really would be shocked at the number of private properties that people have fenced in and do their own thing.  Ny is actually one of the smallest when it comes to the numbers of private and pay to hunt places and there is a shortage of animals every single year because of demand.  If they were really worried and looking for something they would test a hell of a lot more then 2700 deer a year and they would look for it more on the Pa line where there is no doubt it has already walked right into the state. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Well that’s not to difficult of an answer. They shut down farms…Which accomplished nothing. While at the same time have no control of the same stuff in the wild?  CWD has been around for 60 plus years with no harm to any herds anywhere. Hell Wisconsin jumped off the handle years ago a killed every deer on site year around to try and stop something that is spontaneous in nature. And now that state is still loaded with CWD in about every county and have more deer now then before they killed them off.                                  CWD sucks to see but causes no harm to man or beast anywhere ever. EHD is a yearly disease that kills more deer in 1 year across the country than CWD has in the 50 plus years it’s been around. 

NY killed a bunch of deer in Verona area a few years back.  Shot like 200 i believe it was.  I remember for a couple of years any deer in the area taken during season we had to take them to a station and they took the heads.  http://cwd-info.org/new-york-department-of-environmental-conservation-steps-up-measures-to-contain-chronic-wasting-disease/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

NY killed a bunch of deer in Verona area a few years back.  Shot like 200 i believe it was.  I remember for a couple of years any deer in the area taken during season we had to take them to a station and they took the heads.  http://cwd-info.org/new-york-department-of-environmental-conservation-steps-up-measures-to-contain-chronic-wasting-disease/

Yup and then it was all over. Can’t find something your not looking for. And the numbers prove they are not looking for it.      CWD has been a white coats dream disease. Keep throwing money at research for something that’s been around for 60 years and has done no harm.                         Funny thing is CWD is the same exact thing as Scrapies in sheep and you hear nothing about any problems in the sheep industry. That would not help their agenda. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Lol. More high fence equals less tags sold by states. I know your not up to speed on the industry but as hunter numbers drop across most states the high fence industry continues to expand and they know the money involved in high fence and they also see the less and less tags being sold in states.  You really would be shocked at the number of private properties that people have fenced in and do their own thing.  Ny is actually one of the smallest when it comes to the numbers of private and pay to hunt places and there is a shortage of animals every single year because of demand.  If they were really worried and looking for something they would test a hell of a lot more then 2700 deer a year and they would look for it more on the Pa line where there is no doubt it has already walked right into the state. 

Wouldn't big bussiness generate more tax dollars than license? 

If a hung cost 10k, thats 800 plus dollars at 8% sales tax. Then add property tax, tax for fencing, supplies, ect.

Seems one person paying for 1 hunt generates more money for the government then 1 person buying a license. 

Add in gun control,  it would be more beneficial for high fence hunt, then public hunting.  

I agree dec is understaffed,  and should do more. I think farms are a target because it takes less work for the dec to find fault

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yup and then it was all over. Can’t find something your not looking for. And the numbers prove they are not looking for it.      CWD has been a white coats dream disease. Keep throwing money at research for something that’s been around for 60 years and has done no harm.                         Funny thing is CWD is the same exact thing as Scrapies in sheep and you hear nothing about any problems in the sheep industry. That would not help their agenda. 

yeah from what i remember they never found a case of it again.  It was a pain taking your deer there and then if you had a nice buck they would take the head then return it to you.  Im betting that for tjhose few years a lot of deer went unreported

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Wouldn't big bussiness generate more tax dollars than license? 

If a hung cost 10k, thats 800 plus dollars at 8% sales tax. Then add property tax, tax for fencing, supplies, ect.

Seems one person paying for 1 hunt generates more money for the government then 1 person buying a license. 

Add in gun control,  it would be more beneficial for high fence hunt, then public hunting.  

I agree dec is understaffed,  and should do more. I think farms are a target because it takes less work for the dec to find fault

You would think. But not so sure the tax man is used much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Sooner or later?  I think I just told you above that all captive deer need to be tested already. And paid for by a state that says it’s to expensive to test more of their own?  Yeah that sounds like they are real worried about a disease. If they were that worried they would test all deer. Resources costing dollars?  By making the statement that hunters can’t bring deer in whole from other states???  Words cost cash?  Please do tell what else they have done?                 I see you failed to do the research on the numbers of deer tested looking for this disease that has done absolutely no harm to any herds in any state behind fence or in the wild?  Typical. 

I believe you said they test all dead deer, I said they will eventually test every captive deer.  And there is no need to test every harvested deer.  You should do some research on how statistics works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jperch said:

I believe you said they test all dead deer, I said they will eventually test every captive deer.  And there is no need to test every harvested deer.  You should do some research on how statistics works. 

Don't the deer have to be dead in order to test for CWD?  Or have they developed a method to test for CWD in live animals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jperch said:

I believe you said they test all dead deer, I said they will eventually test every captive deer.  And there is no need to test every harvested deer.  You should do some research on how statistics works. 

Hello. They have to be dead to be tested and for the 3rd time they do test 100% of dead animals on farms!!   And no they don’t need to Every harvested animal BUT they should in fact test more than 2700 out of 260,000 hunter harvested if they think this is the big bad boogie man they say it is.       The fact that they test 100% of farmed animals in a state that does not even allow importation from other states shows the true agenda.  The statistics speak loudly for themselves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, escpen said:

Don't the deer have to be dead in order to test for CWD?  Or have they developed a method to test for CWD in live animals?

Yes and no.   You see the states do have a live test that could be used and it’s been proven over 80% effective.  They say that’s not good enough yet they accept a Tb blood test that proven around the same effectiveness. Things they don’t want the common public to know. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, rachunter said:


Did anyone come out and check out that or the other deer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope…. the DEC was only concerned with the 2 emaciated looking deer. They want me to notify them if I find them dead or find more on the trail cameras. I can’t fault them because I doubt they will find them alive anyway.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...