Best gun shops that carry muzzleloaders and accessories for muzzleloaders primers powder Etc

phantom

25 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

No clue of your location, but a couple weeks ago Franks Gun Shop in Perth had everything in stock. I wish I had had time to get out there but, an almost 2 hour drive one way wasn't in the cards. Even with the gas it would have been cheaper then shipping powder or primers. Most places have a minimum $30 hazmat fee. If you're within a few hours of them I would give a call and see what they have in stock.

The odds of finding everything in one place are low these days. Between factories being short staffed and not able to keep up with the demand, staff in some stores hoarding shipments for self/friends, and people buying up everything they can, stock is low everywhere.

I just went through this about two months ago. I was nervous about having this stuff shipped, but luckily everything worked out. My biggest fear was the thieves we have around the area, I just made sure to be home when deliveries were due.

A few of the guys on here helped me out with some bullets to sight in with, some hunting bullets, and primers. They wouldn't take any money so I payed it forward by shipping a buddy who just had the muscles in his arm repaired a care package of items he can use to occupy his time in the recovery center, and giving another buddy a donation to help cover cost of his mothers bills due to medical issues.

I would be calling every shop within $20-30 worth of gas and asking what they had. If you have to drop that cost on shipping you may as well spend it in gas to get the items and go in person.

Thats in my range If i can get everything in one or 2 stops on a road trip its worth it to me  I like travel anyway . Like you said they hit you up with high shipping and wait times then I get worried about gun stuff getting damage or stolen in the mail . I order lots of stuff by mail but gun stuff not my cup of tea if i can avoid it . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sbuff said:

Where abouts are you ,I'm just north of Albany and could help ya out . Always willing to help a fellow smoke pole shooter out .

Thanks for the offer  but  one of my friends said he can give me some primers and powder if i need it . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

So did you get your ML and accessories? If so what did you end up buying?

No because  i  cant go for early season this year and not sure if i can go late season muzz season yet  at leaat i know my friend can give me ammo for it which is good news.  I wanted to try my luck for early muzz this year but I cant go. Im getting a cva wolf  when i get around to it . Probably only going to be able to hunt six or seven days if I'm lucky the whole season the way things are going now and that will be gun season .