Boar hunt

Nytracker

19 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Shot with 480 ruger cast hollow points . Personally  casted and rolled ammo.  Ruger Super Redhawk .20191007_184123.thumb.jpg.fdbe785480d26511cde9272a355ab0ca.jpg

Well do tell , specs please .. and congrats on the pig . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nytracker said:

Mihec bullet mold  dropping at 391 grains  large hollow point pins over 13 grains of hs6 powder . Winchester large pistol primer . Hits like a hammer. 

Nice , Any wound damage photos ? Did you happen to recover the bullet and how well did it hold together ?

Just now, rob-c said:

Nice , Any wound damage photos ? Did you happen to recover the bullet and how well did it hold together ?

No recovered bullets this trip all pass through. I have past pictures including the one picture already posted . This is a wound pic from 2 years ago.20171004_113442.thumb.jpg.6efffbd4bf5324bf93b11496ab320d5a.jpg

Past bullet recovery 20191007_184212.thumb.jpg.213f846d3a4ae5d6d2011a1d52bc584c.jpg

Almost full bullet weight retention. 

9 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

No recovered bullets this trip all pass through. I have past pictures including the one picture already posted . This is a wound pic from 2 years ago.20171004_113442.thumb.jpg.6efffbd4bf5324bf93b11496ab320d5a.jpg

Past bullet recovery 20191007_184212.thumb.jpg.213f846d3a4ae5d6d2011a1d52bc584c.jpg

Almost full bullet weight retention. 

Nice , they held up very well. They kinda remind me of the old 158 grain lead hollow point 38 special fbi loads . Just a wee bit larger . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Nice , they held up very well. They kinda remind me of the old 158 grain lead hollow point 38 special fbi loads . Just a wee bit larger . 

Had to do alot of testing to get the mix right. First batch was soft and leaded . second batch was hard .. went back to softer and water quenched. Now she is just right for the powder load.

Racksmasher calls them flying shot glasses.

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 1

Southern pa . I have hunted further south . I have had some good hunts and bad . Have to look at reviews.   And decide whats right for you . I'm not a stand hunter... not interested in hunting over feeders or dogs or night hunting.  Dont have the money for a Texas helicopter hunt ... but it does look fun .

Nice pig!

We got a couple down in FL and I was very surprised how much we liked the meat. Had some great sausages made. These were wild as they are overrun with em and you do not want to shoot a big one for eating. Looking forward to doing it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1