YIKES

Steve D

I see alot of economists mixed on inflation being more than a short term blip right now. That said, I think the lack of workers in the market is driving a major portion of this issue. 

11M jobs and a low UER creates an employee market and wages are rising. Not sure where it gets back to a steady state. 

• Like 1

Another "benefit" of the policies of this current administration.

You don't need to ask yourself if we are better off now, than we were a year ago. It should be clearly evident.

The one's who will suffer the most, are the one's who have the least. Like older folks on fixed incomes.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Rising natural gas prices has National Fuel warning its customers of a higher gas bill this winter.

This is a 43% increase compared to the last winter heating season bill

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/national-fuel-expect-your-heating-bill-to-increase-43-this-winter

The cheapest utility bill I have (HAD) was my gas bill.    $75 a month year round for furnace, dryer and hot water tank.    This is some major suckage……

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

The cheapest utility bill I have (HAD) was my gas bill.    $75 a month year round for furnace, dryer and hot water tank.    This is some major suckage……

I hear ya...I heat with propane and the lock in price per gallon has gone up 27% from last year.

What sucks even more is they are saying there is going to be a shortage this heating season which will mean those not locked in will be paying a lot more IF they can get it later in the season.

All my utilities have gone up in the last few months, along with taxes, garbage pick-up, and insurances.

Sad part is I suspect it is only going to get worse.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I heat with propane and the lock in price per gallon has gone up 27% from last year.

My propane company sent out notices last week that they are cancelling all lock in price options for this winter . My price is already up 35 percent from last year and the notice claimed it might go up an estimated 30 percent but be prepared for possibly a higher price.

A guy I know owns a woodstove and pellet stove store . He cant keep any in stock . The woodstove and pellet stove is booming . When I go to the brush pile at the town transfer station ( town dump ) I see lots of people taking what hardwood they can find . Especially the older folks that say they are restarting their woodstoves .

Between higher gas prices for their cars and heating fuel , I bet that its at least 500 bucks a month in bills for the average working family . That doesn't even count the escalating prices at the grocery store. So much for the Demorats looking out for the little guy . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

And All because the Biden Admin shuns Fracking and energy independence 

Where did all the people that were working, go? The federal  unemployment bonuses are over, where's the worker's. 

Employee shortages in the supply chain causing higher prices? There should be 15,000 Hatains who just crossed over looking for work. 

26 minutes ago, Eric J said:

And All because the Biden Admin shuns Fracking and energy independence 

You do realize a lot of the fracking gas is sold overseas,right? The gas companies sell to the highest bidder like any good businessman. I doubt they give a rats ars about energy independence. That is just a good line to use in the ads.

You ain't seen nothing yet, these moron democrats are just getting started, it all has been predicted and they are doing everything stated in their commie party's platform. Get the moderate "gutless Joe" elected and then make the turn. Piss away money like there is no tomorrow, open borders, immigration laws unenforced, Higher taxes, Green New Deal which squashes energy and vehicles along with higher transportation costs, inflation on the rise, law and order down the toilet, ruining our schools, mandate after mandate. Free everything!! A big freaking mess and only getting worse.

And do not worry gun control laws are coming!

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, airedale said:

You ain't seen nothing yet, these moron democrats are just getting started, it all has been predicted and they are doing everything stated in their commie party's platform. Get the moderate "gutless Joe" elected and then make the turn. Piss away money like there is no tomorrow, open borders, immigration laws unenforced, Higher taxes, Green New Deal which squashes energy and vehicles along with higher transportation costs, inflation on the rise, law and order down the toilet, ruining our schools, mandate after mandate. Free everything!! A big freaking mess and only getting worse.

The writing was on the wall awhile ago

12 minutes ago, airedale said:

If anything you wrote makes sense to anybody then they are what's wrong with this country today. Well said.