YIKES

Steve D

9 hours ago, airedale said:

You ain't seen nothing yet, these moron democrats are just getting started, it all has been predicted and they are doing everything stated in their commie party's platform. Get the moderate "gutless Joe" elected and then make the turn. Piss away money like there is no tomorrow, open borders, immigration laws unenforced, Higher taxes, Green New Deal which squashes energy and vehicles along with higher transportation costs, inflation on the rise, law and order down the toilet, ruining our schools, mandate after mandate. Free everything!! A big freaking mess and only getting worse.

And do not worry gun control laws are coming!

We aren't even a yr in yet. 

I am getting a new furnace soon, it should help save me a bit.

Edited by Paula

Just came across this letter online , so,I checked other makers of backpacking , camping , long term “ survival food .”  Mountain House, which many consider the gold standard of these foods is sold out of many products . The one I buy from mostly , My Patriot supply seems well stocked ,but nothing is on sale , they always haditems on sale , their one week ammo can has stayed right at $89 , I’ve bought it for as little as $49 .

Now us crazy prepper dudes already have a good supply ,  could be some are getting more, but it’s likely folks new to it buying now while they can anyways . I predict a chain reaction , one major producer is shut down putting even more demand on the remaining on top of increased buying . 

8DC1D1CE-21ED-4546-8B7C-576AFA3D86DE.jpeg

8E36794D-5D7E-4D02-915F-7DE840CFFB76.png

C5EF6601-B6D2-448B-8978-E82485FFE4DF.png

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 12:48 PM, phade said:

There's enough salt in this thread in case salt prices go up. LOL.

In all seriousness because labor economics drive some of the business units I lead, I am fortunate to have some insights relative to drivers

First, the group that did decide to change work habits more than any other were the tail end of Gen X / Start of Millennials - the 35-45 age group with analog childhoods and digital adulthoods. They often brought forward the prior generation mindset to employment with fewer job changes and employer loyalty (I fall into this bracket). The pandemic really drove a percent of them to rethink priorities and take scaled back roles or different career paths with reduced cost of work when working from home, as well as a shift more toward work-life balance. 

Younger generations are more apt to have less employer loyalty, value WFH, and experiences more than prior groups. They as a result bounce around to employers frequently to raise their wages and find purpose driven leadership and values alignment. That said, they're not not working, it's just a higher cost of employment to employers, which trickles down.

The economic reopening created backlogs and voracious appetites that can't be handled with the current workforce. Having a low 5% UER in this type of environment is almost unimaginable. Matched with more open jobs than ever in the history of the US, and it's a special recipe. 

I am in the age group as well. Your point of loyalty is correct, and dedication is correct. It was an eye opener for me. Loyalty should go both ways.

I have more time for my things now.