Little Scare

DirtTime

Last Friday morning I started getting a super dry cough. It was persistent and started to get painful. The wife was taking no chances and made me go for a Covid test. That was negative, but I have a nasty sinus and upper respiratory infection. Yay! Pounding orange juice, taking Mucinex, and getting rest. This sucks, I can tolerate being sick just about any time of the year but when there's a hunting season going on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Last Friday morning I started getting a super dry cough. It was persistent and started to get painful. The wife was taking no chances and made me go for a Covid test. That was negative, but I have a nasty sinus and upper respiratory infection. Yay! Pounding orange juice, taking Mucinex, and getting rest. This sucks, I can tolerate being sick just about any time of the year but when there's a hunting season going on.

Pretty much sounds like the same thing I have,started last Friday also.Didn’t go for covid test,didn’t have a fever,getting better everyday,can’t be soon enough to be over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, farmer 52 said:

Pretty much sounds like the same thing I have,started last Friday also.Didn’t go for covid test,didn’t have a fever,getting better everyday,can’t be soon enough to be over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cough is subsiding, but my nose is running like Niagara Falls if it was hit with a week long monsoon. Hope you get better soon.

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Cough is subsiding, but my nose is running like Niagara Falls if it was hit with a week long monsoon. Hope you get better soon.

Yes sir,been there,started in chest,moved to head and sinus,moved back to chest.Seems to be about gone,still a little cough.If I drank any more water I would of had to sleep in the tub.

Get Well !!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

Just to be safe, I'd go for another Covid test. I know of a few people that thought they had it, but the test came back negative, only to test again 1-2 days later and have it be positive...

No fever to speak of, 99.5 on Friday, an hour later it was back to normal. No headache, no loss of taste or smell. So I doubt it's covid, my wife wanted to be sure so I got the test.

There is a virus going around call VSR, and it looks kind of like COVID symptoms, sat in the urgent care lot in my truck 2 hours awaiting a "rapid" COVID test to get on the "Z-pack" and some good old fashion codeine cough syrup.

Wife is a teacher and 1/2 her class has it and it came home to me.

It's been about a week and finally it is breaking up and going away...

Bets of luck, need to get into the woods !!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

There is a virus going around call VSR, and it looks kind of like COVID symptoms, sat in the urgent care lot in my truck 2 hours awaiting a "rapid" COVID test to get on the "Z-pack" and some good old fashion codeine cough syrup.

Wife is a teacher and 1/2 her class has it and it came home to me.

It's been about a week and finally it is breaking up and going away...

Bets of luck, need to get into the woods !!    

That sucks. I hope you and yours get well soon.

I caved and called my general Dr. a few minutes ago. It was getting better then it started to get worse again. Because I have a cough they won't allow me into the office so I have to do a virtual visit. Really? I guess at least I don't have to drop trow and hack up a lung for them.

• Like 1