Moose antler shed from Maine.

rob-c

Ill never be able to afford a moose hunt nor do I want to pay and take my chances on applying for a out of state tags year after year .  So I figured why not buy a shed, I built the base out of black walnut , stained it and got it hung up on the wall . I think it looks good keeping my bucks company.. oh and we made sure we left  room for more deer antlers too .

BECBD9D6-8B35-406B-A156-BF6B3AFADDF2.jpeg

B00D9088-30CA-456B-81AD-BBF6A6E67DF4.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 17

30 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Ill never be able to afford a moose hunt nor do I want to pay and take my chances on applying for a out of state tags year after year .  So I figured why not buy a shed, I built the base out of black walnut , stained it and got got it hung up on the wall . I think it looks good keeping my bucks company.. oh and we made sure we left  room for more deer antlers too .

BECBD9D6-8B35-406B-A156-BF6B3AFADDF2.jpeg

B00D9088-30CA-456B-81AD-BBF6A6E67DF4.jpeg

Good idea, looks nice 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Best $5k I ever spent. And that was just the outfitters. Would go again in a heartbeat! Can't apply again for 2 more years I think. Maine is awesome! 9a974422a4f6d6aecf51314cdb290f84.jpg372bd72d50a8069eee94f94e0dfd709a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Very nice ,how many yrs did you have to apply before you got a tag ? 

Edited by rob-c

A moose hunt was a life long dream...specifically a guided fly in hunt. After years of stashing extra cash away and selling off some unappreciated firearms, I was able to go to Newfoundland. Amazing.  Weather was very bad, but I was lucky enough to take a young bull with palmated antlers. Three years later I went back..(sold more guns!). 

An even better time...better weather except it was hot, and moose do not liike hot. I shot a big cow, and was very pleased, but left with even more memories....finding indian petroglyphs, walked up on caribou, had a chance (and passed) at the biggest bear I will ever see in my life...

Your antler is cool, but it is worth the effort to go.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

A moose hunt was a life long dream...specifically a guided fly in hunt. After years of stashing extra cash away and selling off some unappreciated firearms, I was able to go to Newfoundland. Amazing.  Weather was very bad, but I was lucky enough to take a young bull with palmated antlers. Three years later I went back..(sold more guns!). 

An even better time...better weather except it was hot, and moose do not liike hot. I shot a big cow, and was very pleased, but left with even more memories....finding indian petroglyphs, walked up on caribou, had a chance (and passed) at the biggest bear I will ever see in my life...

Your antler is cool, but it is worth the effort to go.

We are looking to buy our own chunk  of hunting land in the very near future so that is priority right now. If not for that I could afford it , but as I said applying for the tag year after year  is the big hurdle as I’m not a lucky person . 

Edited by rob-c

Someday for me too I will hunt moose in northern Maine.  Like Rob said, I too am saving for a big purchase that sets priority ahead of Maine hunting.  I honestly would be thrilled to simply tag along on a moose hunt, I would film it for the hunter.  

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

I apply every year for VT, NH and ME, you can’t look at it as a hurdle it’s a donation to a great cause with an awesome reward! It’s like a 50-50 with a way better reward. A friend of mine drew a VT tag 5 yrs ago and I called for him. It was the best week I have ever spent in the woods and I couldn’t even carry a gun nor was he successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1