So about the shipping container problem

No end in sight for computer chip shortage needed for cars , phones , computers. My trailer tires now back orders five months , REI has sign apologizing for lack of boots , Belo struggled to find  a mower .

Ammo ? Haha and some here actually think prices will lower and shelves will be full again . That’s rich ! 

Im not super worried at this point , as long as another shoe don’t drop .

Off to climb Bald Mtn. 

9 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Don't worry, the LA port is now open 24 hours thanks to President Biden the hero!!!! 

I mean there are no truck's to put the containers on but YAY the port is open 24 hours now

Knucklehead Joe will get to the trucking part after his naps...

4 minutes ago, rachunter said:

If I was starting a career I’d bang out a loan get my CDL and a tractor. That’s a career that’s going to last a very long time. Someone could really cash in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had no idea that a truck driver could make a great deal of money. Does it depend on load type and pay? Mileage? Do not really know.

6 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Had no idea that a truck driver could make a great deal of money. Does it depend on load type and pay? Mileage? Do not really know.

I know some guys who made great $ 15-20 years ago driving 18-wheelers from cali to NY with marijuana

Yes right now the trucking industry is in high demand. I can’t find the article right now but it went from $1.50 a mile to $5 and change more if your an owner operator. Those shipping container’s are all no touch loads you get the box and drop it off add the double endorsement and you’ll really cash in. I’m getting out of the work force but hanging onto my license for a few years just in case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

If I was starting a career I’d bang out a loan get my CDL and a tractor. That’s a career that’s going to last a very long time. Someone could really cash in on it.

3 hours ago, Merlot said:

Tough way to live though. Never home and start off usually with the worst runs thru cities etc.   I know a few guys that have done it for the money and never lasted more than a year. 

Can drive in Iraq as a dump truck driver for like $400 an hour. Lol. If you are really brave and a lot crazy! 

Bus drivers are making $20 plus an hour to start. I know several that have been doing it for 5+ years and making $32-37 an hour.  I might do this when I retire for a couple days a week. 

Although by then we may not have school busing anymore with remote school and the elimination of fossil fuel vehicles.  Which I would be surprised in 10 years if it wasn't. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Tough way to live though. Never home and start off usually with the worst runs thru cities etc.   I know a few guys that have done it for the money and never lasted more than a year. 

Can drive in Iraq as a dump truck driver for like $400 an hour. Lol. If you are really brave and a lot crazy! 

Bus drivers are making $20 plus an hour to start. I know several that have been doing it for 5+ years and making $32-37 an hour.  I might do this when I retire for a couple days a week. 

Although by then we may not have school busing anymore with remote school and the elimination of fossil fuel vehicles.  Which I would be surprised in 10 years if it wasn't. 

It all depends on what kind of run you take.I did a part-time dedicated run for 11 years after the first year it was easy money.My younger brother drove over the road for 6 years across the bottom half of the country,then he settled on a dedicated run up and down Florida.Those shipping containers normally go from a port to a single destination.Over the road driving definitely isn't for everyone.Most family men drop out fast.My buddy and his wife ride tandem from Ohio to south Dakota dedicated run and the pull in $120,000 a year. 

Yes right now the trucking industry is in high demand. I can’t find the article right now but it went from $1.50 a mile to $5 and change more if your an owner operator. Those shipping container’s are all no touch loads you get the box and drop it off add the double endorsement and you’ll really cash in. I’m getting out of the work force but hanging onto my license for a few years just in case.

It’s not quite that high I got a TL quote last week

Massachusetts to LA and it was $7600

It’s high but not $5 a mile high

12 hours ago, Chef said:

Yea because you are running a 53 ft reefer full freezer. My 7k quote was for dry goods

Can you get me avacados that arnt either black moosh or as hard as a rubber ball?  The last 6 I bought I had to throw innthe garbage WTF

Can you get me avacados that arnt either black moosh or as hard as a rubber ball?  The last 6 I bought I had to throw innthe garbage WTF

Hahah yea that’s a easy one… at the store pick not ripe ones and let them ripen at home

So buy the ones hard as a ball, put in a paper bag with a banana till it’s how you like it