Rut development

G-Man

Saw 1st good buck nudging does on  food plot via cell cam last evening , the one doe is a hog. He chased her quite a bit before clearing the field and coming back to feed couple of hours later..  seems to be starting , her is working a scrapes licking branchIMG_0149.thumb.JPG.446ad653921e3ef6722f55d9b2cca769.JPGIMG_0153.thumb.JPG.db3e78bf5e323bb2419b9e2ffe4645a9.JPGIMG_0152.thumb.JPG.1542a2f1effcc95e2b340d192e73e59c.JPG

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Somebody has to be the first….

Yeah, but I feel like a sucker doing all the work for them! By the 6th scrape, I ran out of juice in the tank! Had to come home to hydrate and fill the bladder again! Not as good at rationing as I thought I was... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So when I hunted the Catskills I found the first week of November was always good for some chasing…. As I moved south and unit rockland last year I took off the first week of November… didn’t see any chasing till the 10th or so…. This year I’m off the 5th through the 15th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I was in pa just south of Binghamton this week we found 20-30 fresh scrapes and hundreds of rubs. We did find what looked like a buck had been chasing a doe. Ground was all tore up with every tree rubbed in the area.  1 buck we saw was a 2.5 year old while scouting his neck was all swollen up.