Plenty of ammo in Canada

Otto

I just got back from closing up camp in Canada. I stopped on the way up at a gun shop, sporting goods store. I was amazed at the selection and quantity of ammo they had available in this medium sized store. I've been looking all summer for 12ga trap loads, this store had over 1000 flats. And priced at $109 Canadian! That's about $88 US. Cheapest i have found here is $150 a flat. WTF?

I asked and they told me I wouldn't have been able to bring any back home.

7910d875d2345ff86720454b3a08a41e.jpg

5e02f124b1b4a94c4ecb690e5dea4ddc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thanks Suburbanfarmer.  Looks like I need either a FFL or an Exporter to assist.   Any savings would probably be used up in the process.  

But why do they have so much ammo at cheaper prices, and there’s hardly any here and what you find is much higher? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Otto said:

Thanks Suburbanfarmer.  Looks like I need either a FFL or an Exporter to assist.   Any savings would probably be used up in the process.  

But why do they have so much ammo at cheaper prices, and there’s hardly any here and what you find is much higher? 

I don't think most of Canada is as hunting crazy as we are in the US. Also, don't you have to jump through a bunch of hoops in Canada to even buy a long gun? You have to take a course, then get approved for a gun license to be able to buy a fire arm or ammo. I think that's the process, eh.

4 minutes ago, Otto said:

Canada didnt have 6-8million new first time gun owners in the last yr.

• Like 2