Tactacam Issue

dbHunterNY

Looking to see if anyone running Tactacams and the app has encountered this. I have a couple Reveal X (Verizon) cams and running the app on my Android phone. Don't ask why (32GB card with loop setting turned on) but I was deleteing individual photos as I was viewing them from the Home screen. probably individually deleted dozens. App suddenly said that my camera will be updated (or something along those lines) and then none of the photos disappeared from my home screen. now it says "This is your Tactacam photo feed, but you don't have any photos yet." However, I didn't hit the delete all button at the top that gives you a prompt before deleteing. Also the 32 GB card on each camera still has around 8% data used showing. Not sure if the rest of the pictures will show back up next time it sends? Had some good bucks it looked like before the assumed glitch. Camera not close enough to go pull the card.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Looking to see if anyone running Tactacams and the app has encountered this. I have a couple Reveal X (Verizon) cams and running the app on my Android phone. Don't ask why (32GB card with loop setting turned on) but I was deleteing individual photos as I was viewing them from the Home screen. probably individually deleted dozens. App suddenly said that my camera will be updated (or something along those lines) and then none of the photos disappeared from my home screen. now it says "This is your Tactacam photo feed, but you don't have any photos yet." However, I didn't hit the delete all button at the top that gives you a prompt before deleteing. Also the 32 GB card on each camera still has around 8% data used showing. Not sure if the rest of the pictures will show back up next time it sends? Had some good bucks it looked like before the assumed glitch. Camera not close enough to go pull the card.

Thoughts?

I emailed them last week when it happened , they told me it was a server issue. It came back online shortly after it went down. All my pictures were still there too. 

Edited by Jeremy K

Just now, Jeremy K said:

I emailed them last week when it happened , they told me it was a server issue. It came back online shortly after it went down. 

Tactacam? This is twice it's happened with a week or so but first time i didn't have pictures of target bucks. also thought it was just something I click by accident.

Moultrie had a server go down too apparently and now it's back.

Funny you mentioned this. This has happened to me 2-3 times, but I just assumed I inadvertently clicked Delete All and wiped all my pics out, instead of just selecting the ones that I wanted and deleting those. I've been extra careful the last few times I've done this and all has been well. It's not as much of a problem for me, as my cams are all within 600 yards of the house though.

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Odd that when I just went to go see if there were any recent pics tonight, I'm getting the following message:

0-CB9337-F-EE68-4-CB3-B7-D8-89-C29-CB731

I wonder if their network or Verizon is currently having issues?? 

Ahhh, yeah. It looks like they're currently having server issues. (9) Tactacam Reveal | Page 259 | Archery Talk Forum

On the archery talk link, someone mentioned turning off wifi and using cellular data and they were able to see their pics. Thought it sounded odd, but tried it and it worked! Now I can see my new pics! You have to select the cam icon at the bottom and select the cam you want to look at the pics for.

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1

Funny you mentioned this. This has happened to me 2-3 times, but I just assumed I inadvertently clicked Delete All and wiped all my pics out, instead of just selecting the ones that I wanted and deleting those. I've been extra careful the last few times I've done this and all has been well. It's not as much of a problem for me, as my cams are all within 600 yards of the house though.
Yea my two in question here are 600 miles not yards away. lol actually better add another 60 or so mile onto that.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

New pictures sent. Seems I never had camera get lost from app or a problem sending pictures. Didn't get the old pictures back though. They still aren't there.

You can check from the website to make sure you didn't accidently delete the pics

https://account.revealcellcam.com/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Odd that when I just went to go see if there were any recent pics tonight, I'm getting the following message:

Come to think of it my internet was out  when I got the same message . Internet is spectrum  and cell provider is Verizon. 

Every cell cam company has and will have server issues. Expect it - don't get caught up in the Amazon mindset of a drone delivering goods to your lap in 3 minutes or less. When it goes down just chill out for a bit and glass or something. Don't over rely.

Growing pains. Servers are going down more this year because every cam company is selling more cells than planned. Regular cam sales are falling. It will take a few years for them to get stable IMO.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Tactacam? This is twice it's happened with a week or so but first time i didn't have pictures of target bucks. also thought it was just something I click by accident.

Moultrie had a server go down too apparently and now it's back.

Ya. I emailed tactacam ,they responded super fast .

10 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Mine are ATT and it happened to me last week. It was out for about an hour.i wonder if they have to add on to their network because of how popular their cameras are?

Biggest issue for me is when our new phones arrive today or tomorrow. Worried that all my apps won't transfer over? Going from old Samsung, to new Samsung phone. But from a Sprint plan to ATT. Phone person said that the transfer will be simple using a supplied cable?? We shall See??

28 minutes ago, grampy said:

Biggest issue for me is when our new phones arrive today or tomorrow. Worried that all my apps won't transfer over? Going from old Samsung, to new Samsung phone. But from a Sprint plan to ATT. Phone person said that the transfer will be simple using a supplied cable?? We shall See??

For Tactacam even if it doesn't just download the app on your phone, enter your credentials and it'll update your images, etc. Treat it as if you were giving someone your password and sign on to see images - same process for the most part.

Tactacam uses Amazon Warehouse Servers, so some internet providers are not recognizing the ability to show pics or receive them when on wifi. They'll be fixing that soon enough.

• Thanks 1

Dave I went from an galaxy S something to an Galaxy S20 couple years ago. Wife did both our phones. All apps and settings transfered seamlessly. You should be good but take it to the store and have them do it if you're worried.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, phade said:

For Tactacam even if it doesn't just download the app on your phone, enter your credentials and it'll update your images, etc. Treat it as if you were giving someone your password and sign on to see images - same process for the most part.

Tactacam uses Amazon Warehouse Servers, so some internet providers are not recognizing the ability to show pics or receive them when on wifi. They'll be fixing that soon enough.

13 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Dave I went from an galaxy S something to an Galaxy S20 couple years ago. Wife did both our phones. All apps and settings transfered seamlessly. You should be good but take it to the store and have them do it if you're worried.

Thanks guys!! Hopefully it will go as easily as the sales person said it will?

Of all the things on my phone, this is the one thing I'm worried about at this time of year!!....lol 

Mrs grampy just rolls her eyes...........:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

You can check from the website to make sure you didn't accidently delete the pics

https://account.revealcellcam.com/

That's what I was looking for. Couldn't seem to figure it out going through the website home page. looks like i some how did. oh well. hopefully the big guys are on a pattern and came in early this morning. I'll get the next batch of photos at noon. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

Every cell cam company has and will have server issues. Expect it - don't get caught up in the Amazon mindset of a drone delivering goods to your lap in 3 minutes or less. When it goes down just chill out for a bit and glass or something. Don't over rely.

Growing pains. Servers are going down more this year because every cam company is selling more cells than planned. Regular cam sales are falling. It will take a few years for them to get stable IMO.

I just joined your page on FB not knowing it was yours. Cool I see Ruth is on there too. After seeing the total s*** storm of complainers on there, know that's not my intent and happy as a new tactacam user. Seems like I got my answers here, in which i just wanted to know if pictures were actually gone or not. seems like they are.
Only issues I've had though is this weird app glitch that some how deletes all photos which is a bummer. checked the account page link that suburban farmer posted and it does seems like they aren't there anymore. i'll leave them be from here on out though. it's set to loop with a 32 GB card anyway which makes me feel like an idiot. habit of staying on top of photos i guess. i honestly didn't really notice issues with not sending pictures as expected. have cams set to twice daily sending, have been on the go with wifi off, and messing with getting settings configured to my liking anyway.