Tactacam Issue

dbHunterNY

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

I just joined your page on FB not knowing it was yours. Cool I see Ruth is on there too. After seeing the total s*** storm of complainers on there, know that's not my intent and happy as a new tactacam user. Seems like I got my answers here, in which i just wanted to know if pictures were actually gone or not. seems like they are.
Only issues I've had though is this weird app glitch that some how deletes all photos which is a bummer. checked the account page link that suburban farmer posted and it does seems like they aren't there anymore. i'll leave them be from here on out though. it's set to loop with a 32 GB card anyway which makes me feel like an idiot. habit of staying on top of photos i guess. i honestly didn't really notice issues with not sending pictures as expected. have cams set to twice daily sending, have been on the go with wifi off, and messing with getting settings configured to my liking anyway.

You can turn off the loop if you need to - loops deletes the oldest pic first. 32Gb should hold alot of images and you can drop the image down to the lowest MP which is what you should be running anyway.

The pics may reappear after the server issues are resolved and a full restore is done. I would doubt you would be only affected - and it would be in larger volume as other users are also impacted by same design structure.

7 minutes ago, phade said:

You can turn off the loop if you need to - loops deletes the oldest pic first. 32Gb should hold alot of images and you can drop the image down to the lowest MP which is what you should be running anyway.

The pics may reappear after the server issues are resolved and a full restore is done. I would doubt you would be only affected - and it would be in larger volume as other users are also impacted by same design structure.

it has been set to default 12MB. not sure how much image resolution and clarity i'm gaining though with just taking inventory of bucks via the low res pics sent through the app. i'll knock it down to 8MP to test it out.

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

it has been set to default 12MB. not sure how much image resolution and clarity i'm gaining though with just taking inventory of bucks via the low res pics sent through the app. i'll knock it down to 8MP to test it out.

None - always run a camera at native resolution or the closest to it. Anything over is wasting card space and writing time and battery power. The sent quality is also unaffected.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Anyone else having an issue this morning? My pictures are currently gone and it says I have no cameras connected. 

2 days now. I have to turn off wifi if I'm home to get rid of the no cams connected message and see my pics. 

2 hours ago, mowin said:

2 days now. I have to turn off wifi if I'm home to get rid of the no cams connected message and see my pics. 

I just hung up with CS as I had some questions unrelated to this problem. Figured while I had them on the phone I would try to get some info for you. She said that they were having issues with some internet providers (ie. Spectrum and Comcast), but it should be resolved in 24-48hrs. She said they are suggesting people turn off wifi and to use data and that fixed most issues. I told her that I know of some guys and that's not working for them. She said some people have needed to turn off their phone and turn back on. Others have needed to log out of the app then log back in again. If you haven't tried this yet, it might be worth a shot.