SD cards and Readers getting annoying

Gobbler Chaser

You'd think the damn things would just work as should. The technology has certainly been around long enough. Nothing pisses me off coming back with a card with a couple hundred pics that show error of won't open. My latest reader likes to shut down as I scroll threw thumbnails, then I have to pull the card and start over not going where the hell I left off! By the time I'm done my damn fingers are shaking. This is like my 20th card reader and I summed it up. THEY ALL SUCK!

18 minutes ago, phade said:

I bought a dedicated small laptop with integrated SD card slot. That works much more reliably than anything on the market.

Do the same use an iPad and it syncs w my iPhone so easy to use download and store pics and videos… several years worth.  Perhaps one of the better technology scouting improvements for hunting folk 

• Like 1

If you guys have iphones, there's a simple way. I use this for years. You put SD card into adapter, plug into your phone. Import all, then delete all. Now SD card is empty and pop back into camera. It takes under 1 minute to import and delete all the pics. Then you can go through them on your phone at your own leisure.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader-white/4803100.p?skuId=4803100&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=331&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1268655&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpNDh4IbU8wIVUQaICR2RqwuFEAQYAiABEgIn-vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If you guys have iphones, there's a simple way. I use this for years. You put SD card into adapter, plug into your phone. Import all, then delete all. Now SD card is empty and pop back into camera. It takes under 1 minute to import and delete all the pics. Then you can go through them on your phone at your own leisure.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader-white/4803100.p?skuId=4803100&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=331&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1268655&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpNDh4IbU8wIVUQaICR2RqwuFEAQYAiABEgIn-vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I need to get with the times 

2 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I need to get with the times 

I'm not really a techy person, but this thing works great. My wife had it for years to pull pics off a fancy camera and put on iphone and then i realized i could just use it for trail cams. No more swapping out cards and it works so fast. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm not really a techy person, but this thing works great. My wife had it for years to pull pics off a fancy camera and put on iphone and then i realized i could just use it for trail cams. No more swapping out cards and it works so fast. 

You forgot riding up to the camera on the 4 wheeler.   I do about a dozen cameras this way on my 4 wheeler.   Very quick in and out and downloaded 500 pics plus weekly.  Game is used to it. 

I have a Canon camera that I can check SD cards that I pull from Trail Cameras . I leave the pictures on the cards and download them on the computer when I get home . Sometimes I will get a "No Image" on the Canon camera but find that I have pictures on the card when I put it in the computer . Go figure !

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I have one for my iPhone, rarely does it ever load all pics without hassle unless there are limited pics. My pull yesterday had 375 and it would start and stop and repeat and repeat until after like 5 min it loaded all to import. 

That gadget downloaded and replicated a file in my iphone photos like 10,000 times - all with zero photos in it.

Had the phone for two years, and still deleting empty folders. Have to because sometimes a folder I need will be folder 4,237 of them in order....at this point it's a running joke with my wife and hunting partner. Oh let me get that photo for you, 20 minutes later....

Small laptop and two SDs per cam. Swap and move.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, phade said:

That gadget downloaded and replicated a file in my iphone photos like 10,000 times - all with zero photos in it.

Had the phone for two years, and still deleting empty folders. Have to because sometimes a folder I need will be folder 4,237 of them in order....at this point it's a running joke with my wife and hunting partner. Oh let me get that photo for you, 20 minutes later....

Small laptop and two SDs per cam. Swap and move.

wacky. I've been using it since 2015 with no issues across 3 or 4 brands of cams year round.