Been playing with the new truck

moog5050

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

How many horses you at ?

I just dropped a few bucks to charge up this guy I just picked up .may go with the twin turbo v6 hybrid next year or 2.

F3EE31CD-F945-4DF6-8BB7-38860A5E5978.jpeg

I haven't dyno-ed it.   Others that have the same truck and mods tuned by the same tuner that have dyno-ed are around 580ish whp and 610ish lbs peak.   Considering that its rated at 450 SAE hp (maybe 350 whp) stock, its a huge difference.  I assume I am over 700bhp based on approx 20% drivetrain loss.  I am also running E50 fuel but have a slightly less aggressive although still solid 93 tune that I can use when needed (ie no E85 available to mix in).  I wouldn't push it further on stock internals.  Other than some fine tuning with the E50, project is complete.

Nice looking truck.  I like the color.  Did you supercharge it? 

I had a silvy SS that was as quick, but didn't have the top end power.  It was supercharged with a little NOS mixed in.  I recall a high 4.3 0-60 with that truck.   That was my first foray into stupid fast trucks and I did the work myself except the final tuning despite not knowing anything about engines when I started.  Not sure how I didn't blow it up!  I will try to toss up a photo later.

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I haven't dyno-ed it.   Others that have the same truck and mods tuned by the same tuner that have dyno-ed are around 580ish whp and 610ish lbs peak.   Considering that its rated at 450 SAE hp (maybe 350 whp) stock, its a huge difference.  I assume I am over 700bhp based on approx 20% drivetrain loss.  I am also running E50 fuel but have a slightly less aggressive although still solid 93 tune that I can use when needed (ie no E85 available to mix in).  I wouldn't push it further on stock internals.  Other than some fine tuning with the E50, project is complete.

Nice looking truck.  I like the color.  Did you supercharge it? 

I had a silvy SS that was as quick, but didn't have the top end power.  It was supercharged with a little NOS mixed in.  I recall a high 4.3 0-60 with that truck.   That was my first foray into stupid fast trucks and I did the work myself except the final tuning despite not knowing anything about engines when I started.  Not sure how I didn't blow it up!  I will try to toss up a photo later.

My buddy  has a raptor ,it is impressive. I just put the order in for the supercharger, Numbers wise I should be at about 550hp and 550 ft torque. That would be my first significant Mod to any truck I’ve had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

My buddy  has a raptor ,it is impressive. I just put the order in for the supercharger, Numbers wise I should be at about 550hp and 550 ft torque. That would be my first significant Mod to any truck I’ve had.

A guy I work with did a supercharger and exhaust on his raptor , it sounds incredible .