Looking for someone to hunt with

Michael Shepherd

Michael welcome aboard.....I am guessing a little more detail is needed. Do you have a lease or property you own? Do you only hunt state land or wma's? Bow, Gun, muzzleloader.

Great group of guys here...just think your first post was lacking some detail.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Humm , I guess I’m weird , i prefer hunting alone 

Man I used to love hunting alone when I was young. I moved to NY in my early 20s and, did so for years… then a wife, kids and Many years later my boys became old enough to hunt. many years of hunting with them changed everything. They were the absolute best hunting days and years of my life. Now they are married, having babies and buying homes, and working too much. This year my youngest didn’t even buy a license. He has a brand new rifle and bow he bought earlier this year, neither have been shot and won’t be this year, he’s just too busy. New house and Baby on the way!!!! For the first time since 2002 I will be hunting alone. As sad as it is for me, I couldn’t be happier or more proud that my boys are building amazing lives for themselves. This is part of why I haven’t been motivate to hunt this year, but I’m thinking that’s all going to change tomorrow morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Yea I hear ya.

last year I dragged a big doe out of a gully about a half mile alone ..

Im 62 and it wasn’t easy .

Using a 4 wheeler from now on

I am not suggesting be together in a dbl tree stand but in the general vicinity.

Compare how the hunt went. What one saw vs the other.

• Like 2

Welcome, I agree. I enjoy hunting a heck of a lot more when the guys are at the lease. The morning meet at Dunkin. Texting each other mostly about what we aren't seeing. Getting coffee after the morning hunt etc......When i know nobody but me will be there, the ambition for getting up and the 45 minute drive isn't nearly as strong. Good luck with finding a partner.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Michael welcome aboard.....I am guessing a little more detail is needed. Do you have a lease or property you own? Do you only hunt state land or wma's? Bow, Gun, muzzleloader.

Great group of guys here...just think your first post was lacking some detail.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

State. Lands i hunt gun and muzzle loader looking for friendship to hunt with on private state or wmas

21 hours ago, Don_C said:

Welcome Mike. There are a few “Southtowners” here. Tell us a Little more about yourself…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a retired army veteran i love to hunt but I am 55 and my strength isn't what it use to be to drag a deer by myself I could do it but it would take me awhile i like the company of a friend . I take safety very seriously I usually go every year but Zoar valley only know one spot. 

2 hours ago, Michael Shepherd said:

I am a retired army veteran i love to hunt but I am 55 and my strength isn't what it use to be to drag a deer by myself I could do it but it would take me awhile i like the company of a friend . I take safety very seriously I usually go every year but Zoar valley only know one spot. 

Welcome aboard Mike . Get yourself one of these jet sleds . You will reduce the dragging effort by 50 percent compared to dragging on the ground. If there is a little a little snow, even a big deer will feel like you are dragging a little kid in a topogan . After I bought these a couple years ago I wonder why the heck it I didn't buy one 20 years ago .

We dragged a 203 lber out almost a mile in . We had just a couple inches of snow . One guy could drag it with one hand .

Sled 10.JPG

Sled 9.JPG

6 hours ago, Michael Shepherd said:

Thanks for your service.  When it comes to looking for someone to hunt with, just bring along your smart phone and you can be hunting with all of us here.  

Just don’t get carried away with that and let it cost you a shot at a big buck like happened to me a year ago today.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Michael Shepherd said:

Yea going to be hard to find someone on short notice like that . Probably people are going to want to get to know you better first like at a meet up at a restaurant or something . At leaat on this site i dont think i seen anyone who just started hunting with someone with out hanging out with them first at a bar or  restaurant .  Joining a hunting club probably the way to go . Or use  a smart phone and you can be chatting with people here as you hunt . 

21 hours ago, phantom said:

Yea going to be hard to find someone on short notice like that . Probably people are going to want to get to know you better first like at a meet up at a restaurant or something . At leaat on this site i dont think i seen anyone who just started hunting with someone with out hanging out with them first at a bar or  restaurant .  Joining a hunting club probably the way to go . Or use  a smart phone and you can be chatting with people here as you hunt . 

Probably going to join a rod and gun club

• Like 2