Been offline for a few weeks

Steuben Jerry

No special reason except busy as hell. This was my third week of retirement and I haven’t hunted yet! I’ve been catching up on all the property work, and end of summer stuff around the house including a crapload of small repairs that I’ve been putting off. Also did some home repair work at the mother in law’s house up in Rochester. I have a small amount of stand maintenance to do but not much. 
The decks are cleared and I’m damn ready to get back in the woods this week!

• Like 15

Best of luck to you Jerry, congrats on the retirement, and I hope you start lighting up the board soon with some good deer stories.  There are not many deer around yet up north where I am now.   Other than 3 (now 2) “camp deer” they must be holed up in the standing corn fields near Fort Drum.  

Hopefully, them combines finish harvesting before I come up here again over Thanksgiving.  The fishing has been pretty good and I hope to hit that one more time after lunch today.

I am heading back home tomorrow, where I have a little standing corn of my own, after a short bear hunt in the morning and stopping to pick up some taco meat.  

• Like 1

Got a buddy that's retired. When he retired he started to redo his house stairs . Pulled them all out. When I went to visit they were still out like 2 months later. He said "turkey season started and I lost interest". Lol. And said " I really don't go up there much anyway.". 

He's also got three boats and hardly finds time to fish.  

Congrats on the retirement! I can't wait to. 

• Like 1