Was going to go Doe

Gobbler Chaser

Not necessarily directly at the OP but all the pics of deer walking by a stand you might have been in don’t mean jack.   You think he wouldn’t have heard you, seen you, smelled you??  Maybe, maybe not…..either way it’s over and done with.   :)

Not necessarily directly at the OP but all the pics of deer walking by a stand you might have been in don’t mean jack.   You think he wouldn’t have heard you, seen you, smelled you??  Maybe, maybe not…..either way it’s over and done with.  

That China flu is making you go stir crazy law.......every deer that walks past a stand I am not in.... I am convinced I would have killed! Always thinking positive vibes.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Not necessarily directly at the OP but all the pics of deer walking by a stand you might have been in don’t mean jack.   You think he wouldn’t have heard you, seen you, smelled you??  Maybe, maybe not…..either way it’s over and done with.   :)

Hence why there’s always pics at a stand location when the hunters not in the stand that day .I’m going to say a higher % that deer does not come by if someone is actually in the stand .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Say What? Not sure what your implying that we all don't already know. Just stating I won't be messing up an area by shooting a doe now that this guy showed up. 

Edited by Gobbler Chaser

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Why does shooting a doe mess up an area?

This buck just arrived at a location that I hunt on my property. I'm not going to arrow a doe and waste time tracking, gutting and spreading scent all over this spot. I'll be sneaking in and out as discreetly as possible waiting only for this very buck.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

This buck just arrived at a location that I hunt on my property. I'm not going to arrow a doe and waste time tracking, gutting and spreading scent all over this spot. I'll be sneaking in and out as discreetly as possible waiting only for this very buck.

I look forward to seeing the hero shots.  Enjoy your season!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Sneak in there with a Chainsaw and cut down a couple trees , he'll probably be watching you !  LOL

You hunt with a chainsaw. I'll stick to my bow

There is some truth to this… I was not happy with the lanes at one of my stands. Buck keeps passing by with no lane… went in with a hand saw yesterday and trimmed a few. Cut down some small trees.

Within a hour deer were there eating the leaves off the down trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, Chef said:

There is some truth to this… I was not happy with the lanes at one of my stands. Buck keeps passing by with no lane… went in with a hand saw yesterday and trimmed a few. Cut down some small trees.

Within a hour deer were there eating the leaves off the down trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that but I'm not about to head into the woods this buck is lurking in and start cutting now. I'll just sneak in one or two days a week to sit in my stand and swap a card at most and maybe get a shot. Did a pretty good job lane clearing back in September. I've spooked bucks like this out of an area by just hunting the same stand for two days straight. They don't grow to this size around here unless their really smart. If all fails maybe the rut will make things happen. I have 6 to 10 or so does coming to my two food plots on a regular basis. 

I hear you loud and clear. During ML season I am perfectly happy to take a nice mature doe. Good meat in the freezer.  Two years ago I had consistent pictures of several bucks showing during daytime hours. The plan changed. I passed does several times in the hope of one of the bucks coming by, but they didnt.  Last night of ML season I was back to the original plan, and happily took a nice doe. I never did see those stinkin bucks!

• Like 2