A black bow hunter in NYC tells his tale.

Grouse

I was born and grew up in Queens. Almost everyone hunted. Alot of guys own second homes or camps upstate. I think this idea that if your from with the city limits your completely detached from hunting. Maybe your elitist Manhattanittes fall into the your gonna kill Bambi crowd. Don't know, I never fit into that income group

• Like 2

The article is spot on,  I also work in NYC and live in Brooklyn and similarly to what was mentioned in the article,  thru the years I can't recall meeting any anti hunters. People have this preconceived notion that all people from the cities are anti hunters, so untrue. Actually, quite the opposite, I have had conversations about hunting with people and coworkers and most are intrigued and curious. I have even in the past brought to work venison jerky,  dried sausage and  they loved it.

24 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

No matter whom you vote for voting for Term Limits should be the first vote for anyone , their all Thieves !

https://termlimitsforuscongress.com/e-petition.html

I think when any politician, regardless of party affiliation starts out, most of them are honest, and want to work for the people, with good intentions. Not long after taking office, they begin to be corrupted by those that helped get them there. And old guard party members. The corruption only increases with time. Term limits, are the only way to curb the corruption, and division that is tearing this country apart. Keep fresh new ideas coming in, with new blood that actually wants to make a positive difference, for the PEOPLE. Not themselves. Two terms, then your out! Make room for someone else! 

I'm a conservative. And that goes for them, as well as the liberals.

• Like 3

The article is spot on,  I also work in NYC and live in Brooklyn and similarly to what was mentioned in the article,  thru the years I can't recall meeting any anti hunters. People have this preconceived notion that all people from the cities are anti hunters, so untrue. Actually, quite the opposite, I have had conversations about hunting with people and coworkers and most are intrigued and curious. I have even in the past brought to work venison jerky,  dried sausage and  they loved it.

I work in Brooklyn & live in Manhattan. For the most part I agree with you depending upon what part of the city but in the UWS it is definitely anti-gun & hunting. F ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

For the most part I think non hunting people don’t give hunting much thought at all. And when hunting is presented to them in a respectable thoughtful manner it’s mostly very well received and people are curious about it. Food opens a lot of minds to hunting.
We do ourselves more harm then good when we stereotype people based on where they live verses what they really think or feel.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, UWShunter said:

I work in Brooklyn & live in Manhattan. For the most part I agree with you depending upon what part of the city but in the UWS it is definitely anti-gun & hunting. F ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, upper west side people have thier heads stuck up thier a$$.  F'em.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Dumb ?im betting 95% do

So your saying that 95% of home based downstate hunters vote Democrat? I call your bullshit. I can tell you being a person that resides downstate I know alot of hunters that reside near and around the city and the vast majority are conservative Republicans.  Yes there are probably many hunters that vote Democrat statewide not just NYC, it's blanketed statements like yours that make hunters look silly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

So your saying that 95% of home based downstate hunters vote Democrat? I call your bullshit. I can tell you being a person that resides downstate I know alot of hunters that reside near and around the city and the vast majority are conservative Republicans.  Yes there are probably many hunters that vote Democrat statewide not just NYC, it's blanketed statements like yours that make hunters look silly.

Settle down 

• 2 weeks later...

Born and raised in Brooklyn and my whole family and I are staunch conservatives, but yes its not common. Spent every summer as a kid on the north fork of LI running around bare foot and fishing, thats how I was raised so maybe that had an influence. Also, dont know one hunter who votes democrat. 

Ive followed that dude on insta for a while. Not really sure how if fee about him giving advice when I dont think hes killed a deer, like ever. Nothing wrong with trying and not having success, but to give advice... not so sure about that. 

Edited by vmals

I get all of those especially the one where they think I'll become the one hunted by White hunters.
I used to get funny looks just going into the gun stores or hunting stores to shop. They have this look like "No way this Black tatted guy is hunting"
Or when people walk into my office and see some of my hunting pics on the wall ... Black and White gives this confused look and ask if that me. I'm like no, it's Mother Theresa.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 5