Drinking in the stand

WNYTRPR

19 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Bow either ,you owe it to the animal to be coherent when you are putting that pin on it .

I have enough trouble sober , seeing the pins, hoping my shoulder works and my knee doesn’t give out , oh and my pants don’t have a fly and with the harness and all those layers ……

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

and what about getting into and out of your stand while drinking. Not good. I always look forward to a cold beer on my back porch after the afternoon hunt. I had a guy in camp that liked his whiskey in a flask out in the woods. He got the message. I guess drinking meant more to him than hunting......gone!

and what about getting into and out of your stand while drinking. Not good. I always look forward to a cold beer on my back porch after the afternoon hunt. I had a guy in camp that liked his whiskey in a flask out in the woods. He got the message. I guess drinking meant more to him than hunting......gone!
I agree totally with your stand commnet.....with frigging rubber boots on sometimes these ladder stands and most definitely climbing sticks can be a real task to navigate.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Now Ive always been completely against drinking beer in the woods while carrying weapons etc and trying to take the life of the game we pursue.. But as I grow, Ive also matured more( I know not everyone does) and have actually pondered the thought of just bringing a beverage out to sit and relax and unwind. My life is nothing less than crazy having With typical children and their sports, along with trying to raise an Atypical child.. and a Wife with Auto Immune diseases at young age.. The 1 beer a night i get a few times a week feels so rewarding.. and the thought has crossed my mind several times while im out in Gods creation just relaxing, unwinding and enjoying my time.. 

I have yet to bring a beverage with me, but i can probably say there will be a time in the near future it happens.. 

Just like anything else, its all in the individual that uses the object.. not the object itself..  

• Like 2

I don’t even drink while fishing (most of the time) let alone hunting.   The first thing alcohol does is dulls your reflexes and increases your reaction time.  I start to loose the ability to detect the soft strike of a bass on a jig with my first sip of 4.5 % alcohol beer.  

folks who drink while hunting are either alcoholics, or lack a basic understanding of how drugs effect their basic bodily functions.

I see nothing wrong with celebratory drinks afterwords though, and it has been medically shown that those who average 1-2 drinks a day are generally healthier and live longer than those who have none.  

Cheers:

FBC39F6C-80A6-4539-A319-5DE68D928D7F.jpeg

85C8A73F-4FD9-4BC3-B752-F112235515DC.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

I think most camps have a rule of no drinking /alcohol until after the hunting is done. That said, I have hunted with a number of guys who pocket a beer. Myself, a beer on stand in the morning is....well, maybe the problem lies elsewhere. A beer on a warm afternoon on stand...well, ok I guess. Chances are that hunter isnt going to be awake long enough to worry about shooting anyway. Then you have the guys who look at hunting as just a chance to drink away from home. They wont be hunting with my crowd. I have a brother in law who wonders why I dont bring him up to camp with me. He will sleep in, and when I get back, my bottle of Jamieson that has  been sipped at for  four years will be empty...before noon.

Absolutely  not .. not in the stand.. not on the ground or in a blind . After the chores are done and all guns and knives are away . Home if your like me and have to travel to hunt.  

I have had a nip or 2 of Jameson while fly fishing  long before the trip home . A little brandy while ice fishing . 

• Like 1

Back when i was a kid and would go to hunting camp with my dad i vividly remember one of the guys pouring a glass of Jack at lunch. My uncle (who is still a very big dude that i wouldn't mess with even tho he is pushing 70) picked up the bottle and read do not operate machinery or a motor vehicle. Good thing it doesn't say a thing about a loaded firearm. He got the message....

And yet I was introduced to the inaugural drink before walking out for the first hunt. It was more ceremonial than an actual drink-barely wet the lips-as a toast to the good fortune the woods would provide and the hunters that came before us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3