Drinking in the stand

WNYTRPR

This thread is ridiculous. So we have people that will drive after drinking but then act like hunting and drinking is a death sentence. I will guarantee that some of you that swear that having a drink while hunting is deadly, will drive drunk in the next month. Again, neither place is perfect, but come on... I guess everyone online is a perfect role model...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This thread is ridiculous. So we have people that will drive after drinking but then act like hunting and drinking is a death sentence. I will guarantee that some of you that swear that having a drink while hunting is deadly, will drive drunk in the next month. Again, neither place is perfect, but come on... I guess everyone online is a perfect role model...

My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

People are a funny critter. I won’t drive after a beer but I enjoyed a beer in the stand this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I read this question as "drinking" meaning, someone who would enjoy a few in the stand. I also don't really see a need to drink in the stand. I don't hunt out of blinds so limiting movement and noise is a goal haha.

I see a beer after dragging out a deer and then driving home a few miles as not any different than having a drink or 2 with the wife out to dinner. I'm not saying it's a great idea, just my take on it. 

12 hours ago, chrisw said:

I haven't reread this whole thread, but I didn't get that vibe at all. One beer does not take any grown man above the legal limit. Several beer, ie "drinking in the stand" most likely does. I also don't think anyone said it was deadly, just maybe not a good idea. 

In either scenario, after you've had a few drinks (lets say IPA's because nobodies getting drunk off coors lite), you're putting yourself and others at risk whether you're driving or hunting, or shit doing just about anything as you're not clinically impaired. 

Don't make it something it's not.