Which will be better

rgfire79

What’s up everyone? My name is Rich, I’m from Connecticut and I frequent Archerytalk, rokslide and bowsite alot. Im looking for some advice. Im headed to upstate New York next week. I’ve got two places in mind but they’re hours from each other. The first is Charleston state forest and the other is Finger Lakes national forest. Does anyone have experience at either location? They both look good on satellite maps, with the national forest looking best. Im basically looking for info on herd size and expected hunting pressure. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Nice public land buck . 
Fingerlakes  produces some big bucks every year .

The place is awesome. In the short time I was there, I was seriously spoiled by the habitat and amount of deer. I don’t get that here in Connecticut. I’m definitely going back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use to hunt there and Connecticut hill state forest alot  when I was younger. Some years are better than others . I once got turned around in a heavey snow storm while dragging a large nanny doe. Ended up over a mile from my car . An old timer in a 4 wheel drive truck picked me and the deer up and gave me a ride back . Good thing because there was no way that old Ford country squire wagon was going over that hill in that snow . 

• Like 1