Seeing black and white

WNYTRPR

4 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I've had beaver meat before its pretty damn good never knew skulls or tails where worth anything.What about other animal skulls? I'm going to target racoons at the end of the month to try the meat and see how it goes skinning and tanning the fur.

I save all skulls .There’s a market for them all .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Once or twice a year to hit up Cabelas.   When is the best time of year? Id assume the fall/winter for the fat content. Ive seen steve rinella from meateater prepare beaver various times and the tail fried over a fire looks enticing. 

I feel like I’m there daily lol .December through April I’ll be swimming in beaver ,so anytime then .

• Like 1

I live trapped a skunk that was digging my neighbors lawn. Threw a blanket over the hav-a-heart trap and plopped it in my equinox drove to a wooded parking area ten miles away, carefully propped open the door and waited for it to leave. . As I waited a cop pulled in and asked what I was doing- he did not stick around to figure out if that was ok or not!!!
Skunk hat would be a fun project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I live trapped a skunk that was digging my neighbors lawn. Threw a blanket over the hav-a-heart trap and plopped it in my equinox drove to a wooded parking area ten miles away, carefully propped open the door and waited for it to leave. . As I waited a cop pulled in and asked what I was doing- he did not stick around to figure out if that was ok or not!!!
Skunk hat would be a fun project!

Just be careful ,it’s illegal to relocate .If that animal by chance has rabies ,you could now spread it the area you dropped the animal off at .

Just be careful ,it’s illegal to relocate .If that animal by chance has rabies ,you could now spread it the area you dropped the animal off at .

That’s was kind of the funny part….minus the legality issues! The cop wanted nothing to do with it - legal or not, he wasn’t getting sprayed!!!

24 minutes ago, crappyice said:

That’s was kind of the funny part….minus the legality issues! The cop wanted nothing to do with it - legal or not, he wasn’t getting sprayed!!!

Smart cop, and that’s why I don’t get within 10 yards of a live one.  The shotgun blast has yet to damage one of my box traps, some of which have taken several.  

My local skunk population must be down now, because it has been about 3 years since I caught the last one, in August or September.  

That also might be because I have been growing sweetcorn and trapping “damaging” coons farther from the house lately.  It seems that skunks are more prevalent closer to houses, probably because there are less natural predators there.  

I feel like I’m there daily lol .December through April I’ll be swimming in beaver ,so anytime then .
I was once swimming in beaver. It was summer 2011. I was 21 and a junior at the University of Albany...

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

nicely put up pelt   curious on hole, knife slip or fighting scar or predator ?

Are you talking up near the front leg?If so one of the small holes is the leg hole that I didn’t bother to close up, and the other one was a scar of some sort. I don’t slip much with a knife or fleshing knife:derisive:  lol

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 1