Oh the Bear Up There

UpStateRedNeck

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

We always get pictures, and have sightings of bears. But so far, not this year.

They're slowing down the past couple weeks, probably because I don't have cameras on the hickory nuts this year.  August, September, first 2 weeks of October almost as many bear as deer.  I'm surprised I haven't gotten any pictures of them blasting my turnip plot to pieces, you'd think they be all about big tubers like that?  Some of them are almost football sized!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, grampy said:

We always get pictures, and have sightings of bears. But so far, not this year.

I had a picture in early spring but nothing since. I did hear of one raiding bird feeders over by the town tavern though. I would love a rug. Plus they are good eating.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I just like seeing them. Don't have any real interest in shooting one other than they keep me busy all summer picking up garbage.

Likewise, but they're getting pretty bold on my property.  Scratch marks on the cabin door last week, after they trashed the firepit. 

6 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Likewise, but they're getting pretty bold on my property.  Scratch marks on the cabin door last week, after they trashed the firepit. 

Same hear, had one turn over a BBQ on my back deck. We heard the bang, looked out and there he was looking back at us like where's the brats man. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Same hear, had one turn over a BBQ on my back deck. We heard the bang, looked out and there he was looking back at us like where's the brats man. 

Same thing happened at our old place last year! Twice!!! 

Don't think we will have any bear visitors at the new place though. So the grill is safe.

• Like 2