Inflation is far worse than the government claims

The government would like us to believe that higher prices are just a short-term bump caused by COVID-related supply chain issues. But it’s not just that. And it’s certainly not a passing bump. People running businesses know this. Businesses are seeing price increases that are much higher than what the government is telling us. 

The cost of producing plastics and resins — core materials used in many manufactured products — has increased 44.6 percent over the past year. Think automakers are having it tough finding chips? That’s the least of their problems, because iron and steel prices, which get used in so many auto components as well as in construction and equipment manufacturing have increased a whopping 96.3 percent in the same period. The price of chemicals, which are used in just about everything, has increased 15.6 percent. Put it all together and the costs of manufacturing products in this country have increased 15.2 percent over the past year, with no relief in sight.

Things are no better in the construction trade, where the cost of gypsum — a core material for cement and drywall, as well as for building roads and highways — has increased 25.3 percent and the prices of construction materials are up 28.8 percent.

And that’s just to make all this stuff. Shipping costs are up 17.3 percent by sea and 20.2 percent by land. Corrugated paperboard and un-laminated polyethylene film costs — major components in packaging materials — are up 18.2 percent and 28.2 percent respectively over the past year.

Are these increases caused by supply chain challenges? Labor disruption? Excessive government spending and increased money supply fueled by cheap money and an over-capitalized federal reserve bank? It’s all of these factors. But if you’re running a business that’s not important. What’s important is that the inflation numbers that we’re reading in the major media are significantly understated. Prices are actually higher than the government wants us to know. And they’re going to continue to increase.

Because in the end, an income statement is only based on two things: Revenues and expenses. Overheads and administrative expenses can only be cut so much. As costs rise - and as you can see they’re rising at a rate well beyond what most of us hear in the media - then businesses will need to raise more revenues to maintain their profitability. Those revenue increases will inevitably come from price increases.

But the people running businesses already know this.  Just ask them.

Anyone who has seen the rise in cost for gasoline knows that inflation is out of control.

The cost of vehicle fuel is a direct cost of transporting people, goods and services.  Fuel cost rise, so does everything else.

President Biden is delusional along with all who support this destructive presidential administration.

If Kate Smith were alive today she would not be singing God bless America, she would be singing God help America.

• Like 4

The only people who believe what this administration is saying are the idiots who voted for them . Perhaps some of the 100 executive orders that president dip shit signed on day one has a little to do with it. add to it the careless thievery going on . 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2

Inflation is the most regressive tax .

If it costs me $25 more a week in gas , $50 more in food and $100 a month more  to heat my home ,that $400 a month is tolerable to me  ,  but a single mom , young family , elderly on on fixed income it’s a killer .

Personally we’re on a buying spree, anything we think we may need in the future we buy now .

What people need to realize is, all of this is being done intentionally by the left in this land. 

They attacked a President with lies for 4 years, started riots in the streets, caused the police to become villains and get killed. 

Then they shut down the entire country and it's economy for a year, destroyed millions of businesses and jobs, massively increased the national debt and took control of our freedom.  All in order to stop a flu virus, claiming they were protecting our health.  With over 700,000 people supposedly dead from the virus, I don't think they protected anyone, nor can they prove the deaths wouldn't have been the same if they did nothing.

I've moved past the point of trying to educate the voters who support Democrats and their tyranny.  They are not listening to reason, facts or logic.  They are they blame for all of this.  Now, I just want to hurt them.

• Like 2

You think this is bad, Just wait till you see the effects that the Global Climate tax Biden and the UN idiots are going to pass does to the world business economy.

They saw how well it worked to fatten their coffers when implemented in the US, So now their going to try it globally.

Those Amazon and Wallmart cheap China deals will soon be gone like the wind, but it's for the Common good, so deal with it !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Inflation & gas prices are just the tip of the iceberg, when you look at all of the things that are fundamentally wrong with what is going on today in our country. Complete dependence on China has to be the biggest problem we are facing; they produce most of the products we use today, in addition to a growing influence in the medicine we use & the food we eat. Try buying a car, lawn mower, or ammunition, in 60 years of walking this planet I have never seen anything like it. Donald Trump was on the money 100% when he said we have to cut the cord with China. They probably have a stronger military than we do now, which is a scary thought.  I honestly hope the cargo ships sink in the bay and nobody gets a shiny toy this Christmas, maybe it will be the spark that's needed to wake the masses up. But I doubt so, most are content to keep their heads in the sand waiting for things to magically get better on their own.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, left field said:

What does that mean?

It means their votes have caused me a lot of pain, expense and misery and I think only they should be feeling the result of their votes.  They need to be the one's who suffer for their ignorant political decisions.  Other's shouldn't.  If only the consequences of elections only affected the idiots who voted for the winner, or supported the one who stole the election.  That would be great.  My votes from now on will be for the policies that hurt these leftist fools the most.  It's time to put them in their place.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It means their votes have caused me a lot of pain, expense and misery and I think only they should be feeling the result of their votes.  They need to be the one's who suffer for their ignorant political decisions.  Other's shouldn't.  If only the consequences of elections only affected the idiots who voted for the winner, or supported the one who stole the election.  That would be great.  My votes from now on will be for the policies that hurt these leftist fools the most.  It's time to put them in their place.

Speaking of stealing an election ,have you followed what's going on in NJ? 12k votes just magically appear after the polls closed and of course a democrat lost and is fighting for those votes to count.

• Like 3

The saving grace of the runaway inflation and high fuel prices, is that it will make for a Republican blowout in the mid term elections.  The recent VA governors race was a very clear indicator of that. 

If Biden wants any chance of keeping his cohorts in Congress, he best think about reopening some pipelines fast.  If gas is more than $ 4.00 a gallon, by election time next year, he will be dealing with a House that is more than 60 % Republican.  

14 hours ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Inflation & gas prices are just the tip of the iceberg, when you look at all of the things that are fundamentally wrong with what is going on today in our country. Complete dependence on China has to be the biggest problem we are facing; they produce most of the products we use today, in addition to a growing influence in the medicine we use & the food we eat. Try buying a car, lawn mower, or ammunition, in 60 years of walking this planet I have never seen anything like it. Donald Trump was on the money 100% when he said we have to cut the cord with China. They probably have a stronger military than we do now, which is a scary thought.  I honestly hope the cargo ships sink in the bay and nobody gets a shiny toy this Christmas, maybe it will be the spark that's needed to wake the masses up. But I doubt so, most are content to keep their heads in the sand waiting for things to magically get better on their own.

I agree with most you say Nicky. Strange. Maybe this time is a great opportunity to start focusing on making things in America again. Screw shipping costs and container unloading problems. That would make us more resilient.  

Aahhh,but people want cheap stuff. High gas prices might make local economies viable again...I can only hope. 

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

I agree with most you say Nicky. Strange. Maybe this time is a great opportunity to start focusing on making things in America again. Screw shipping costs and container unloading problems. That would make us more resilient.  

Aahhh,but people want cheap stuff. High gas prices might make local economies viable again...I can only hope. 

You want a mixed  economy  probably is  the best way to go you know,  like have some stuff made here when possible and then other stuff that's really expensive made  where ever .But everything from china is not a good idea .

19 hours ago, Grouse said:

Yea anyone who  voted for biden should have to pay for my  gas now is the way i feel like we had it good and they messed it all up by not really paying attention to what was going on in the world .  

• Like 3