Tag Difference ?

GreeneHunter

Funny story.  Property that I used to hunt, the landowner shot what he thought was a doe(ML season) during a snowstorm. Turns out it's a 4.5” spike. He grabbed two rocks from the stonewall and busted the antlers off. He said it took a lot more effort than he expected. 

Wish he still owned that property. Was a incredible place to hunt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

you got it

or a buck with less than 3" tall antlers,had to say it before wolc chimed in

Thanks for beating me to the punch. I just got back from picking up (2) of the free “extra” dmp tags, up at Walmart in North Tonawanda.

I will try to get them  punched and I would be happiest (so would my wife) if they end up on button bucks.  I always target the largest first, from a group of antlerless deer, and usually that is a doe. 

In past years, I have rarely had  opportunities at antlerless deer  after October 1 around home in Wmu 9f.  The local pumpkin farmers always hammer them good with their nuisance permits before that date.

We were very thankful for the button buck that I was able to kill in the early September antlerless gun season this year.  I have high hopes for my last (3) dmps, during the Holiday ML season this year.

If you are ever heartbroken and distraught, after mistaking little Bambi for a doe, feel free to send me a pm.  I will gladly take that heartbreak off your hands, especially if you can save me the liver.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Thanks for beating me to the punch. I just got back from picking up (2) of the free “extra” dmp tags, up at Walmart in North Tonawanda.

I will try to get them  punched and I would be happiest (so would my wife) if they end up on button bucks.  I always target the largest first, from a group of antlerless deer, and usually that is a doe. 

In past years, I have rarely had  opportunities at antlerless deer  after October 1 around home in Wmu 9f.  The local pumpkin farmers always hammer them good with their nuisance permits before that date.

We were very thankful for the button buck that I was able to kill in the early September antlerless gun season this year.  I have high hopes for my last (3) dmps, during the Holiday ML season this year.

If you are ever heartbroken and distraught, after mistaking little Bambi for a doe, feel free to send me a pm.  I will gladly take that heartbreak off your hands, especially if you can save me the liver.

Not Heartbroken at all ! Backstraps !!!

thumbnail_IMG_20211101_101010504_PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Hey,I shoot it I eat it. I am not targeting button bucks but I did shoot one a few years back when I had two tags in my pocket. It was a case of mistaken identity in the brush,but it was meat.