New moon Full moon

SWEDE

Full moon...........10 to 2 or mid day.

New moon......... first and last two hours, or early and late in the day.

Of course these are just generalisations.

Hunt every hour you can be out there. 

Edited by grampy
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
Hmmmm, a full moon….Pop the whiskey and drink HARD the night before so you can’t get out of bed for the am hunt!!!!!
Just my playful, “humble” opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 10-2 as Grampy and others swear by? I wonder if you hunted 10-2 the other day if you would have a shot a buck???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not a fan of the moon talk. If your not where the deer are, what does the moon matter ?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I am where the deer are supposed to be at first light which they never are when a full moon!!! May pull a 10-2:00 shift tomorrow for shits and giggles

• Like 1

I am where the deer are supposed to be at first light which they never are when a full moon!!! May pull a 10-2:00 shift tomorrow for shits and giggles

Sat as late as I could today 12:45pm. It didn’t pan out we also got a lot of rain as well so that on top of the moon = suckage

10 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Have you had success during that time frame ?

Yep. I've killed quite a few bucks during that time frame and have seen some of the biggest bucks at that time.  This year when I shot my bow buck him and another shooter were on their feet at 10.  Also had a buck in PA walk under my stand at 1030 this year as well.

My dad swore by the 10-2.  More I hunt it the more I like it. Don't usually see many deer but it is usually a buck if you do.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Yep. I've killed quite a few bucks during that time frame and have seen some of the biggest bucks at that time.  This year when I shot my bow buck him and another shooter were on their feet at 10.  Also had a buck in PA walk under my stand at 1030 this year as well.

My dad swore by the 10-2.  More I hunt it the more I like it. Don't usually see many deer but it is usually a buck if you do.  

^^ this ^^

I’ve killed quite a few deer in this time frame also. More so 10-12 time frame .

Edited by rob-c

2 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

So you’re theory is that they stay up longer feeding at night I guess after a full moon and bed down later , like right before sunup and then sleep ina bit , I guess?

So you’re theory is that they stay up longer feeding at night I guess after a full moon and bed down later , like right before sunup and then sleep ina bit , I guess?

That is my theory …and I will add alien abduction of the deer as well during daylight hours surrounding full moons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Yes but I also think regardless of moon that midday time frame the bucks like to get up and scent check bedding areas once the does are bedded up. 

4 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Maybe I'll try the 10-2 sit tomorrow or Tuesday. At this point this season it can't fikin' hurt. Maybe I'll hunt with no pants on and see if that kind of full moon helps.

Are you not seeing deer lately ? Last 3x been out , haven’t seen a thing , until driving back to camp ; then , they were in the fields grazin on private property lol. 

30 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Are you not seeing deer lately ? Last 3x been out , haven’t seen a thing , until driving back to camp ; then , they were in the fields grazin on private property lol. 

I haven't seen a deer or even any fresh tracks the past 4-5 hunts. I'm hoping Wednesday will have them up their feet after the winds die down here. Part of me wants to throw in the towel for the season, but the other part won't quit till it's over.

Edited by DirtTime